Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2nd Year Service Cost- Confused!

Cheeza

Hey all,

Thanks for all the help!

Doesnt look like I am going to get any cheaper than £200 for the service (including brake fluid change)!!

Service is due next week - it doesnt have to be done on the exact same date as the last one does it??? :unsure:

Just booked in the Aygo for 20k service at Harlech £130.

Also quoted £157 at another franchise. Interestingly both stated that service included brake fluid change, but did not include the pollen filter.

The beauty of the Aygo is that it's so cheap to run you could probably drive 200 miles for a service, have a nice day out and still save money on some of the other dealer prices.

Just a thought.

Regards, Neil

...Service is due next week - it doesnt have to be done on the exact same date as the last one does it??? :unsure:

No,if you do the service within a month of last year's date you will be fine.I usually get it done within a couple of weeks of the last date.

If you do a lot of mileage and you don't reach the one year mark then I think they allow you to do it within 750 miles or so,at the 10,750 or 20,750 miles mark.I don't do many miles in any one given car so I stand to be corrected on that one,but I think I'm roughly right.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Service booked in for a 2nd year service next week - Arnold Clark website has a 20% discount on manufacturer's service on their website just now - so saved a wee bit of cash in these credit crunch times!!

:D

toyota are jus 110% con artists... sod the warrenty n full service history.. my car will be having its second service in approx 4k miles time.. and she will be taken to a mates garage. I trust him 110%, whereas toyota are cheating lying **** for selling me this heap of sh*t in the first place... nevermind not fixing problems THREE times.

mines going in to have bits chopped off/added soon so she looks mean :)

toyota are jus 110% con artists... sod the warrenty n full service history.. my car will be having its second service in approx 4k miles time.. and she will be taken to a mates garage. I trust him 110%, whereas toyota are cheating lying c*nts for selling me this heap of sh*t in the first place... nevermind not fixing problems THREE times.

Technically if your mates garage is a real garage there should be no problem with them stamping the book and keeping the warranty valid.

The other suggestion is get a calmer friend to help you put your problems in writing to Toyota UK, politly if possible, and get them to fix it. Failing that you have Trading Standards, and finally if you purchased the car, or part purchased it, using a credit card they will ultimatly also be liable for solving the problems under the Consumer Credit Act.

I looked at the Aygo book the other day and I'm sure it mentioned that the fluid should be replaced at the 2 year mark, so if they are charging you extra for it they are conning you.

My old KA recommended it should be replaced but the Aygo says it should be, it's not an 'inspect and replace if needed' item.

I can already see the fun I'm going to have in 18months when my car reaches this service and they try to charge me for it on top of the Toyota Service Plan I paid for.

Brake fluid change is recommended at 2yr/20k. It isnt part of the service price and usually checked for water content before calling/talking to customer asking if they would like it done.

Im also pretty sure its not included in the service plan and has to be paid for seperately.

You could try being a tool to the service counter staff and hassling the innocent people looking to buy a new toyota in peace if you are that bothered about it (as stated later in your comments) :D.

Mart.

In the DUTCH folder I have here the Spark Plugs, Coolant, Air Filter, Brake Fluid

and Active Carbon Filter are extra parts, but ARE included in the RRP.

Airbags, Valve Clearance, Gearbox Oil and the Multi-Belt

are to be inspected, but not included in the pricing...

toyota are jus 110% con artists... sod the warrenty n full service history.. my car will be having its second service in approx 4k miles time.. and she will be taken to a mates garage. I trust him 110%, whereas toyota are cheating lying ! for selling me this heap of sh*t in the first place... nevermind not fixing problems THREE times.

I wish people wouldnt hold back and learn to speak their mind :lol: I have no idea what a couple of those words above were :naughty:

Brake fluid changes are a recomendation, if you dont want it, dont have it, however at some stage the brake fluid will have absorbed water (thats what it does) and you WILL need it replacing. Modern fluids have built in anti corrosion properties, it is required to help ABS, EBD etc work properly

Kingo :thumbsup:

I looked at the Aygo book the other day and I'm sure it mentioned that the fluid should be replaced at the 2 year mark, so if they are charging you extra for it they are conning you.

My old KA recommended it should be replaced but the Aygo says it should be, it's not an 'inspect and replace if needed' item.

I can already see the fun I'm going to have in 18months when my car reaches this service and they try to charge me for it on top of the Toyota Service Plan I paid for.

Brake fluid change is recommended at 2yr/20k. It isnt part of the service price and usually checked for water content before calling/talking to customer asking if they would like it done.

Im also pretty sure its not included in the service plan and has to be paid for seperately.

You could try being a tool to the service counter staff and hassling the innocent people looking to buy a new toyota in peace if you are that bothered about it (as stated later in your comments) :D.

Mart.

Ah insults .... I take it you aren't in the customer care part of your dealership.

Someone that gets upset and complains, when charged for an item that is listed as needing replacing(every 2 years) in Toyotas own book, is a 'tool'.

Is that the official response from your dealer?

Is it too much to ask that a Service Plan that includes everything for the first 3 years of the cars life to also include the items that are listed as being replaced every 2 years in the price. The reason people buy a Service Plan is so that there are no additional suprises and everything is expected to be included. There is no mention of an additional charge anywhere, if the Service Plan was available for any 3 services you might have a case for extra charges but it's not, it is only sold for service 1, 2 & 3 so all requirements are known at the time of taking out the plan.

ps If you look at one of my later posts I even provided a scan of the book.

Mart.

Ah insults .... I take it you aren't in the customer care part of your dealership.

Someone that gets upset and complains, when charged for an item that is listed as needing replacing(every 2 years) in Toyotas own book, is a 'tool'.

Is that the official response from your dealer?

Is it too much to ask that a Service Plan that includes everything for the first 3 years of the cars life to also include the items that are listed as being replaced every 2 years in the price. The reason people buy a Service Plan is so that there are no additional suprises and everything is expected to be included. There is no mention of an additional charge anywhere, if the Service Plan was available for any 3 services you might have a case for extra charges but it's not, it is only sold for service 1, 2 & 3 so all requirements are known at the time of taking out the plan.

ps If you look at one of my later posts I even provided a scan of the book.

It wasnt an insult at all, but if im somewhere and there is someone complaining loudly and trying to kick up as fuss...thats exactly what i would think.

If you dont want to pay the extra for your brake fluid then dont have it done.

If it isnt included in the service plan im sure toyota would have it written somewhere in your paper work (but im not sure of this).

I hope you way of dealing with the service staff work though :)

Mart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

My Aygo had her second service last Friday - Charles Hurst, Boucher Road, Belfast. 70 quid dearer than last year - here's the breakdown:

Year 1

Completed 1 year/10,000 mile service

Replaced oil and oil filter

Checked interior and exterior lights

Added screenwash

Checked and topped up all fluid levels

Added oil and fuel flushes

Completed brake inspection

Checked tyres and set tyre pressures

Completed visual safety report

Front wiper smearing slightly - cleaned

Labour 49.15

Environmental charge 10.00

Oil filter 7.43

Gskt, drain plug 0.83

Screenwash 0.89

Shell semi synth 30.48

Semi synth topup 7.62

Fuel treatment 12.75

VAT 20.85

Total 140.00

Year 2

Completed 2 year/20,000 mile service

Changed oil and oil filter

Checked all lights working OK

Added screenwash and topped up fluid levels as required

Completed brake inspection

Changed brake fluid

Added oil and fuel flushes

Replaced pollen filter

Checked tyres and set tyre pressures

Completed visual safety report

Replaced wipers

Labour 71.85

Oil filter 7.53

Screenwash 0.89

Sump washer 0.88

Shell semi synth 32.80

Air filter 13.24

Brake fluid 5.25

Engine fast plus 12.75

Fuel treatment 12.75

Semi synth topup 8.20

wiper blade 8.51

wiper blade 7.43

VAT 27.31

Total 209.39

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links