Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Auris :)

hooknsling

Hey guys. Got my new Auris (Corolla here in Aus) a couple of weeks ago. Think of this as a "before" shot:

post-72569-1236339019_thumb.jpg

Yep, just the base model. Got it for a steal though - my dad has contacts with Toyota, and we managed to get it for AU$18 700 (breakeven for the dealer was $18 500). They're being advertised for $20 490 brand new. It was a staff car for a year - 9500km and not a scratch on it.

Speaking of bargains, I just bought 18" Lenso Elegance rims - with tyres - on eBay for $660!! They're only a couple of years old and the guy said he bought them for $2000. Stoked!!

post-72569-1236339535_thumb.jpg

Once I get them freighted here, I can get the local Lexus dealer to fit them on for me, lower the suspension and tint the windows :D

How am I doing so far? B)

Is the rubber on those 18's Kumho Ecsta KU31?

The Auris looks shiny! Congrats and welcome to TOC! :thumbsup:

They're definitely Kumho's.. that's all I know :unsure:

The tyres did apparently cost $350 each though.. so they're pretty good.

Once I get them freighted here, I can get the local Lexus dealer to fit them on for me, lower the suspension and tint the windows biggrin.gif

Hope you don't mind, was just bored.

carcopyn.jpg

Should look sweet though................

When we were in Perth recently (Connolly) staying with a mate, we saw a few of the Auris, sorry Corolla.

You should obtain some Auris badges and swap them with the Corolla ones, just to confuse other owners in Aus... :D

So you saved about $2000 which is around 1000 euros by buying some used car with about 9000 on the clock, even your dad has contacts with Toyota? My car cost about 28000 euros when it was new and I managed to buy it for 26000 just by having some conversation with the dealer so he dropped the price a little bit + gave me accessories like an electrical heating system for free... I think your deal wasn't very cheap. The car is used and you dad has connections, but the price was still that high :o The car and tyres look good though, always liked that grey color on Corollas and Auris'... You said that the tyres are couple of years old? :unsure: They should be pretty worn-out then, they last approximately for two years!

Best regards, Alex

Apparently 60% tread.. I reckon I can still get a bit out of them. What do you think?

post-72569-1236392467_thumb.jpg

The car deal seemed cheap to me. The dealer, who is a friend of my dad's, told us the wholesale price on them is $18500. And I'm pretty sure the $20 490 for a new one was before most of the government charges and on-road costs. Anyway like I said, it presented like a new car so I'm happy with it.

And beretta - I actually really wanna to do that! Auris is such a better name.

Yep, just the base model. Got it for a steal though - my dad has contacts with Toyota, and we managed to get it for AU$18 700 (breakeven for the dealer was $18 500). They're being advertised for $20 490 brand new. It was a staff car for a year - 9500km and not a scratch on it.

Speaking of bargains,

I got a T180 3door 15months old with 15000 miles / 24000km, ex demo car not a scratch on it with the £1500 optional extra sat nav for £11000, this would have cost just short of £20000 new so that a approx 45% reduction in cost now thats a bargain.

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

Sorry I agree with Alex you paid to much.

Alex & Rick, would you care to share you knowledge of the Australian car market with us all?

That car has just cost £8450, remember not all markets suffer the same shocking depreciation as ours does :)

Check out this link Aussie Auris/Rollas

Thanks "cabcurtains"

Yeah if you guys live in Australia you'd know that I got it for a very good price. I'm glad that you guys got bargains too but that certainly doesn't mean I paid too much.

By the way I rang the seller of those rims today. He reckons there's still a good 15 000kms left in the tyres.

Apparently 60% tread.. I reckon I can still get a bit out of them. What do you think?

It's not just about the tread's depth - it's about the softness of the compound, because that's what actually gives you the grip on the road mate! I have done silly things in the past and one of them was not to change the tires of a Mazda MX-3 I had bought. The tread was deep, indeed, but the rubber was not that rubberish anymore - it was more like plastic. The result - 30 days after buying the car, the insurance claimed TOTAL LOSS! I hope you don't get a wrong impression of what I am trying to say! :thumbsup: Tires and brakes are one of the most important and crucial elements in the car and I would never ever save money on them and compromise! I'd rather give up on a bumper's add-on and a double exaust or a hot rear wing than having to compromise with tires and brakes! Cheers.

Thanks "cabcurtains"

Yeah if you guys live in Australia you'd know that I got it for a very good price. I'm glad that you guys got bargains too but that certainly doesn't mean I paid too much.

Maybe we don't know enough about Australia, but I can say that if there'd be some new car and the used one, I'd rather take the new one than with 9000 on the clock if the price difference would have been 1000 euros!!

I'd rather give up on a bumper's add-on and a double exaust or a hot rear wing than having to compromise with tires and brakes! Cheers.

You're right mate, safety is everything. And the brakes + tyres are on the first place when we're talking about safety!!

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links