Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Confusing 2009 Differences

manalishi

What was your previous model referred to as there is Ice blues and special edition blues (in total there is potentially 3 different blues, however with regard the shade I had spotted another shade of blue bopping around so I think they could be a slight difference in colour) I am not 100% up to date on what the 09 options are but it sounds like you have possibly a plus model with a new shade of blue.

The glove box lid and the floor mats were included on the special edition options, but mats can come part of style pack option.

Side moulding usually only comes part of the protection pack? But again unless this is a another special edition version of the blue I don’t know about.

Front end has been face lifted and unlike the 107/C1 facelifts I actually think this is an improvement, there has been adaption to the grille mostly and also the rear lights.

Engine note and growl of a 3 pot is wonderful, I turn my music down to listen to it 

The rear Speakers are actually now in the front door pockets.

The rear speakers are actually now in the front door pockets.

The rear Speakers are in the front?? :wacko:

:lol:

Yep!! I have no Idea why!!

Anyway I just looked at the toyota site and it looks like I am wrong and by all means someone correct me if I am still wrong but it looks like 2009 all you can buy is a blue which doesnt come with mats or glove box but does come with side protection strip and optimal drive....

So plus and basic are out you can only by blue??

And so far original blue is still best :lol: ;)

SJx

lol: I thought you were calling the protection strip bad names, I thought they are not that bad..lol

Photos would be great. I did see the exterior of the new blue and the shade I think you are referring to the other day and well its better than the slate blue :lol: would like to see these extra vents!! if it helps any glove box lid would have eventually broke and drove you insane and mats can be picked up quite cheaply, and I like the look of the strips on the Aygo if they are painted,. As for the optimal drive, I am not sold on this yet but would like to hear more on what you think.

I think they put the Speakers in the front as no one ever sits in the back :lol:

If they have stopped making the basic and plus tho I think that’s really bad, what happened to choice and a range of funky colours they promoted ? But if Mr T doesn’t know what’s going on how are we supposed to :S

Aygo facelift range now available as:

Aygo - Red only

Colour keyed door handles and mirrors

Driver and front passenger airbags

ABS and EBD

Power steering

Tilt adjustable steering

Radio/CD player with Aux connection for MP3

Aygo+ Red or DK Silver ( Carbon quartz )

AS AYGO WITH

2 front, 2 rear and 2 tweeter Speakers

Electric front windows

Remote cental locking

Colour keyed bumpers

50/50 split folding rear seat

Aygo Blue

AS AYGO+ WITH

Exclusive Cayman Blue metallic paint

Air conditioning with pollen filter

bluetooth connectivity

Aygo Black

AS AYGO + WITH

5 spoke Alloy wheels

Exclusive Alcantara leather seats

Stitched leather-trimmed steering wheel & gear knob (M/T only)

All Aygo models now have Optimal drive as standard, on the Aygo this is acheived by:

A slight re-map of the engine ECU

0w20 low viscosity engine oil

75w low viscosity gearbox oil

Other alterations are:

New front bumper/grilles.

Different Interior cloth (Black has Leather/Alcantara).

Redesigned heater control panel.

New design rear lamp assy's.

Increased interior soundproofing around A / C pillars.

New Thicker steel used in construction of exhaust.

Manalishi in answer to your questions:

No, Carpet mats are no langer standard on the New PHASE 3 BLUE (Toyota do list a set of mats with Blue timmings to match new Blue shade & mats to match all other colours)

No, Glovebox lid was discontinued Nov 2008 ( A new MODIFIED glovebox lid is now available )

Colour coded side mouldings now standard on Blue only

Yes car is quieter ( Extra soundproofing )

Yes new shade of Blue,

Phase 1 Blue = Lagoon blue, quite dark deep blue

0466992-lg.jpg

Phase 2 Blue = Slate blue

slate.jpg

Phase 3 Blue = Cayman blue

cayman.jpg

Toyota also offered a light sky blue as an optional colour on Aygo + & Sport models

ice.jpg

Yes there are no rear Speakers in the 1/4 panel in mid 2008 Toyota improved the audio system buy moving the rear Speakers from the 1/4 panel or rear doors into the front lower door pocket in doing this the size increase from 10cm to 17cm giving a bit more bass & warmth to the sound.

Toyota have drasticly reduced the price of there rev counter from approx £350.00 down to approx £90.00 + fitting & VAT. Try here for other accessories Toyota have available fot the Aygo

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim.aspx?menuitem=3

I hope I have been able to answer all the questions raised

Regards

Devon

Anyone know what Toyota charges to supply and fit the rev counter? And is it colour-coded to match the speedo surround?

Yes I do, it's £185 for the kit which comes with Rev counter and steering column surround AND carpet mats, AND ,an exhaust tailpipe trim. In stock for next day delivery (As of 9/3/9) I can supply you a can of paint to spray it with, just need the colour code

PM me for more details

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm still amused how the exact same color can have such different names is different markets...

And the designations have changed here too: a Basic is now called an Access,

the Plus has been replaced by the Comfort and the Sport has been dropped

completely. The highest spec available now in The Netherlands is called "Dynamic Bue"

and is only available in Comet Blue, which is the same as the Cayman Blue...

I've also read that part of the reduction of noise has been achieved by extra insulation

in the A- and C-pillars and by fitting a different crankshaft pulley that vibrates less...

I've also read that part of the reduction of noise has been achieved by extra insulation

in the A- and C-pillars and by fitting a different crankshaft pulley that vibrates less...

If you want these 2009 Aygo technical details in pdf, pm me your email.

I'm still amused how the exact same color can have such different names is different markets...

And the designations have changed here too: a Basic is now called an Access,

the Plus has been replaced by the Comfort and the Sport has been dropped

completely. The highest spec available now in The Netherlands is called "Dynamic Bue"

and is only available in Comet Blue, which is the same as the Cayman Blue...

Skandinavian models are still called Aygo, Aygo+ and Aygo Blue. But the colors have different names from UK. Lagoon blue is called Reflective blue, Cayman blue is called Comet Blue (Same as NL) and Slate blue is called Mystic blue. :closedeyes:

Spain and Italy have different models and names, but I can't come up with an example right now.

In Romania:

Crea - cheapest, no A/C, no rev counter, no side airbags

Terra - the A/C version no rev counter, no side airbags

Luna - former Aygo+, but with 6 Speakers (with rev counter, with side airbags)

Blue - Blue

I have 2 Aygo+ without Speakers - 2007 and 2008. Both Ice Blue. That was the name of the colour then.

But the colors have different names from UK. Lagoon blue is called Reflective blue, Cayman blue is called Comet Blue (Same as NL) and Slate blue is called Mystic blue

That's why whenever I am asked for touch up paint, I always ask for the colour code, that never changes, but the colours people adopt for their cars amaze me, if they forget the exact colour, they give it their own name like midnight blue or similar :eek: If you ever need paint, get the colour CODE

Toyota have drasticly reduced the price of there rev counter from approx £350.00 down to approx £90.00 + fitting & VAT.

Where did you get that price from?

Toyota have drasticly reduced the price of there rev counter from approx £350.00 down to approx £90.00 + fitting & VAT.

Same Here......

If they are down to that price, I'll get one for my wife's AYGO tomorrow

when I take mine for its service.

Ian.

Same Here......

If they are down to that price, I'll get one for my wife's AYGO tomorrow

when I take mine for its service.

Ian.

If the Rev counter is £90, im deffo getting one!

NO that information is WRONG!

Toyota reduced the price of the rev counter because they could see the error in their pricing! They sold very few because everybody bought the Peugeot one

The first thing they did was to reduce the price, BUT put it in a kit with carpet mats and a tailpipe chrome trim, THEN after selling a whole load of kits, they made it available on its own. The price on its own is £96.29, but unless you want to chop away at the column surround yourself, then you will also need that. The complete price is £128 plus delivery

If you want one PM me

Devon Aygo - Thanks for the chapter-and-verse info :) That explains everything. I took the photos and the new Cayman Blue is quite hard to photograph. The pix look much lighter than in real life because of the way it reflects daylight. Am at GF's PC today so will upload them tomorrow.

I will definitely add the rev counter, and if the column suround work is the sort of thing I can do with a Dremel or Jr hacksaw, that's fine by me.

Parts-King - are you a Toyota dealer? I've seen Peugeot/Citroen rev counters for sale on Ebay/etc and they were about £150 or so I think.

Hi Everybody.

Because I took out a 3 year service plan,

the dealer did a deal on the rev-counter alone. (No bolt & I'll have to modify my own surround).

£77.00

*fetches Dremel from shed*

Ian.

Parts-King - are you a Toyota dealer? I've seen Peugeot/Citroen rev counters for sale on Ebay/etc and they were about £150 or so I think.

yes we are a dealer, we had the kits on for £185 (rev counter, mats, tailpipe trim)

I can do the rev counter and trim for £127

Whoever got a price of £77 GO FOR IT, the dealer IS losing a lot of money on that deal

* is it my eyesight, or is it a different blue colour?

And one Q: in a 3dr Aygo where are the rear speakers? I'm not convinced there are any in mine! :o

Yes, it's a lighter shade of blue.

You do get rear Speakers in the old Blue or Aygo Plus, they are very conspicuously placed below the rear passenger windows.

Got any pics of this new "side mouding"?

EDIT : SORRY! I'd been defaulted back to "Outline Mode" - I didn't think there had been any replies. I hope you're enjoying your new aygo anyway!

yes we are a dealer, we had the kits on for £185 (rev counter, mats, tailpipe trim)

I can do the rev counter and trim for £127

Whoever got a price of £77 GO FOR IT, the dealer IS losing a lot of money on that deal

Hurrah !!

Actually got a good deal.

Knowing my luck, I'll probably mess up the surround and have to buy one.

I was quoted £27.00

MUST BE CAREFUL.

Ian.

* is it my eyesight, or is it a different blue colour?

And one Q: in a 3dr Aygo where are the rear speakers? I'm not convinced there are any in mine! :o

Yes, it's a lighter shade of blue.

You do get rear Speakers in the old Blue or Aygo Plus, they are very conspicuously placed below the rear passenger windows.

Got any pics of this new "side mouding"?

EDIT : SORRY! I'd been defaulted back to "Outline Mode" - I didn't think there had been any replies. I hope you're enjoying your new aygo anyway!

My 'old' Aygo+ has the rear Speakers in the doors infront of me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links