Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Bars

toondoug

thinking of putting some roof bars on but a guy at work reckons that they can be a nuisance at higher speeds due to whistling

noises.anyone had experience of this?

ps. he never said what tune

thinking of putting some roof bars on but a guy at work reckons that they can be a nuisance at higher speeds due to whistling

Hi TD roof bars or roof rails? not trying to be clever but roof rails run front to back + roof bars go accross, Anyway had roofrails on my last two ravs + never heard them whistle.. had roof bars on my first rav + don't remember them whistling either tho it was 12yrs ago, however mine isn't a T180 so whether they will whistle at 124mph I really don't know.. :eek: at that speed they might Screeeeeeam..

Hi Doug, my last Rav came with rails fitted as standard, and like Stew I can't say I noticed any wind noise.

My current didn't have them so I fitted them myself, as above never noticed any noise. Having said that,

now that you are going to have national speed limit signs all over that great little island.................. :lol::lol:

I'm joking, of course even at motorway speeds its never been a problem. Incidently they are a complete

doddle to fit. :thumbsup:

Hi TD roof bars or roof rails? not trying to be clever but roof rails run front to back + roof bars go accross, Anyway had roofrails on my last two ravs + never heard them whistle.. had roof bars on my first rav + don't remember them whistling either tho it was 12yrs ago, however mine isn't a T180 so whether they will whistle at 124mph I really don't know.. :eek: at that speed they might Screeeeeeam..

Not got any on the RAV but my Vitara had roof rails which were no problem at all. HOWEVER when I fitted some Thule Aero roof bars to the rails is was a very different matter. The noise went up in pitch as the car went faster. 'Reckon SCHM could probably have run the speedometer off them with a bit of clever electronics! ;)

Seriously though, roof rails should have very little effect on fuel consumption and produce no decernable noise but roof bars really want removing if you are not using them as they do affect fuel consumption and sound like the Hound of the Baskervilles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links