Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Create Your Very Own Electrical Jack

St Thicket

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

I made this short video earlier today... My first youtube flick ever!

:lol: :lol: :lol: St Thicket

Nice one.......

What happens if you dont have a cordless drill and only a mains lead plug one........... Have they installed power points along the Norwegian motorways now.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nah, I would recommend it for home use. I'm not planning on having a fully charged drill in my boot all the time. An inverter for the corded drill could be an option, but I think that would drain the Battery very quickly if you forget to start the engine.

If I ever get stuck in the side of the road, the easiest thing would be to call NAF, the Norwegian equivalent to AA :D

I use a similar configeration for the legs on my caravan. Never thought about the jack though. great idea. :toast:

I can remember seeing something similar a few years ago. Some guy showed how to convert wind up windows into electric using a drill, really funny :lol:

Still, a great idea. Anything to save manual labour :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still, a great idea. Anything to save manual labour :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WHAT.... If I get a flat tyre.... :o :o The wife will jack the car up then change the tyre for me....I'll let her back in the car then :ffs: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's always telling me how good women are at multi tasking :yes: :yes: I only have to move my right hand to lock/unlock the doors...phew..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well done -

any ideas on how it can be adapted to a trolley jack??

I found that clip of the power windows. Thought you might like to share it :D

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Where do you get the custom drill bit from or how do you make it?

The likes of B&Q sell hooks very similar to that for hanging things up in a garage - or hooking the end of a clothes line onto! Problem with B&Q is finding the place where they store it! Even local ironmongers would probably have them.

Where do you get the custom drill bit from or how do you make it?

The likes of B&Q sell hooks very similar to that for hanging things up in a garage - or hooking the end of a clothes line onto! Problem with B&Q is finding the place where they store it! Even local ironmongers would probably have them.

Another idea would be to look in the tool boxes at carboot sales for an original jack shaft, as i would imagine the threaded part of a screw threaded hook would require removing before useing it in a drill.

Another idea would be to look in the tool boxes at carboot sales for an original jack shaft, as i would imagine the threaded part of a screw threaded hook would require removing before useing it in a drill.

I didn't remove the threads, and it was fine... I wasn't too comfortable doing it, but it didn't do any damage to the drill. Of course, if I am going to do this more frequently, then I might want to get an unthreaded hook.

Hmmmm

Whats it worth for you guys to stop me from alerting Health & Safety?? :P :P

I can just see the headlines ....man loses arm in a fight with car jack....... :lol:

Course some of the drills with a clutch mech would be safer - but don't buy one with a DMF as I've heard its crap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A friend of mine told me that he once had used a pneumatic nut retriever for jacking his car. That wasn't very smart, because he broke the car jack...

I think consistent speed and torque is the keywords here :)

A friend of mine told me that he once had used a pneumatic nut retriever for jacking his car. That wasn't very smart, because he broke the car jack...

I think consistent speed and torque is the keywords here :)

I'd agree - ok to use a torque drill type like a pneumatic one if the torque is set low... but if high then makes life interesting! Some of the cordless (battery) drills have a clutch setting so it slips if the jack stops turning.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links