Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Iq In Uk And Shipping To Us

Seibert

I'm interested in buying an IQ and having it shipped to me in South Carolina, U.S. At this time, is it possible to get an IQ equipped for driving in the U.S.? Also what is a ballpark price for IQS in the U.K.? What dealer should I contact or deal with or buy from? I've read that it costs approximately $800 to ship a compact car from the U.K. to the U.S. Can anyone verify this?

If there is any other helpful information about the IQ, purchasing an IQ for the U.S., etc. please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Suzanne

I'm interested in buying an IQ and having it shipped to me in South Carolina, U.S. At this time, is it possible to get an IQ equipped for driving in the U.S.? Also what is a ballpark price for IQS in the U.K.? What dealer should I contact or deal with or buy from? I've read that it costs approximately $800 to ship a compact car from the U.K. to the U.S. Can anyone verify this?

If there is any other helpful information about the IQ, purchasing an IQ for the U.S., etc. please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Suzanne

Can the IQ even be registered in the USA? Worth checking with The Powers That Be first.

When I had a Skyline GT-R, I remember that there were (are still?) BIG problems getting those RHD-only cars past some US Government testing setup (maybe the same thing that kept Bill Gates Porsche 959 off the road for so long?) Maybe things have changed?

$800 UK-to-USA sounds suspiciously cheap to me. It cost me more to import from Dubai to UK 10 years ago.

Wish I could sound more hopeful/helpful... B)

Surely buying a European LHD iQ would be better for the states? :huh:

Not too sure on exporting matters tho...

Surely buying a European LHD iQ would be better for the states? :huh:

Not too sure on exporting matters tho...

was gonna say the exact same thing, getting a Euro spec one will have the steering wheel on the left side and the lights will be set up correctly.

An iQ would look well out of place next to all the big cars you get in the States!

I was thinking the same, buy one form Europe and have a left hand drive one, Plus the fact the euro is better than the pound so it should be cost effective :thumbsup:

Sadly, it's not just a matter of LHD or RHD. The OP has some research to do on whether the car will be allowed in and/or allowed to be used on the road.

There are plenty of Federal (and State, I think) laws on cars and approval.

Here are some pages with some importing info:

* http://www.importexporthelp.com/importing-cars.htm

* http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

* http://www.epa.gov/otaq/index.htm

The IQ would doubtless pass the environmental ones easily, but the worst case scenario is that Suzanne has to pay big buck$ for tests to prove that it does.

Might be a LOT easier to wait until Toyota decides to sell the IQ in the USA! :)

Cant you just take one there on holiday and just leave it there?

Seem to rmember when Gumball Rally was on, someone took a UK registered Lotus Elise and no one knew what it was!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links