Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked Up Iq Yesterday - First Thoughts And Protection Applied

Goldfish11

I picked up our new IQ yesterday and spent the day pampering it.

Firstly I had the leather interior fitted. The leather is quite good quality (not as good as my Merc) but it was extremely dry. I ended up treating it with Meguiars Gold Class Leather care. The leather really soaked this up and looks 100% better, this product also applies some scotch guard. So I would recommend treating the leather when you get the vehicle Autoglym Leather Care Cream is also a good product.

I then treated all the interior and external plastics with 303 aerospace protectent. The Service book and Manual had been placed by the dealer in the side pocket this left a small mark when removed the 303 removed all this and also now the interior DOES NOT MARK. I must say the plastics are better than I originally thought. The 303 soaked in and I will apply an other coat in a few weeks. The Silver dash areas came up fantastically really bright and reflective so it has definatly enhanced the cars interior.

All the carpets and mats were then sprayed with 303 Fabric Guard, water now just beads and rolls off. I also treated the roof lining with this.

So that was the interior, now to the exterior.

Firstly the Toyota garage had done a reasonable job making it look nice and new however I wanted to really protect the vehicle for this I have a bit of equipment which every car owner should purchase, it looked after it will last you a life time and enables you to polish a car in 20 minutes. A "Meguiars G220" car polisher costs around £135 but enables you to do everything really easily it is also idiot proof, you can easily get rid of swirl and light scratches. Imagine your hand polishing at 3000 wipes per minute! So with this I polished the car with "Sonus SFX-3", this is a fine polish for new paintwork and creates a show car finish. I then used "Carlack 68" and finally "Carlack Long life sealant" both of which were treated with the additive "Polycharger". This is a polymer accelarator and means the treatment will be good for well over 12 months and nothing will be able to attach the surface. I used the Meguiars G220 to apply the Carlack 68 and applied the Carlack long life was applied by hand.

(Carlack in the USA is called Klasse All in one or Klass Sealant Glaze, these products are amazingly long lasting and produce a great finish and are easy to work with)

What is great about Carlack is it results in the finish getting brighter over 24 hours as it cures.

The paintwork is now in Show Car condition and looks, our IQ is in Pearl White and it really "pops" with colour.

Now you are asking how long did this take? 6 hours for everything but I could have done it quicker. The finish is far better than a dealer would ever get and also I know every inch of the car (I even found a small (pin head size!) paint defect which the dealer is going to touch up.

In terms of cost, probably about £5 I still have loads of product left and could do an other 10 or 20 cars. So rather than spending £300 on the dealer applied protection system that takes them a couple of hours to apply. Buy a Meguiars G220 plus the other products and you will still have cash to spare. You can then do what I do and lend it to your neighbours. You will also get addicted to car polishing as I did and after a quick wash you get the polisher out and spend 20 minutes making it look like a show car again.

I notice cleanyourcar.co.uk has many of the products mentioned above but you can find other stockests on the internet.

An other resourse I put together on the Mercedes Club which may help you can be found here.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6997

and

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11486

Hope this helps.

I picked up our new IQ yesterday and spent the day pampering it.

Firstly I had the leather interior fitted. The leather is quite good quality (not as good as my Merc) but it was extremely dry. I ended up treating it with Meguiars Gold Class Leather care. The leather really soaked this up and looks 100% better, this product also applies some scotch guard. So I would recommend treating the leather when you get the vehicle Autoglym Leather Care Cream is also a good product.

I then treated all the interior and external plastics with 303 aerospace protectent. The Service book and Manual had been placed by the dealer in the side pocket this left a small mark when removed the 303 removed all this and also now the interior DOES NOT MARK. I must say the plastics are better than I originally thought. The 303 soaked in and I will apply an other coat in a few weeks. The Silver dash areas came up fantastically really bright and reflective so it has definatly enhanced the cars interior.

All the carpets and mats were then sprayed with 303 Fabric Guard, water now just beads and rolls off. I also treated the roof lining with this.

So that was the interior, now to the exterior.

Firstly the Toyota garage had done a reasonable job making it look nice and new however I wanted to really protect the vehicle for this I have a bit of equipment which every car owner should purchase, it looked after it will last you a life time and enables you to polish a car in 20 minutes. A "Meguiars G220" car polisher costs around £135 but enables you to do everything really easily it is also idiot proof, you can easily get rid of swirl and light scratches. Imagine your hand polishing at 3000 wipes per minute! So with this I polished the car with "Sonus SFX-3", this is a fine polish for new paintwork and creates a show car finish. I then used "Carlack 68" and finally "Carlack Long life sealant" both of which were treated with the additive "Polycharger". This is a polymer accelarator and means the treatment will be good for well over 12 months and nothing will be able to attach the surface. I used the Meguiars G220 to apply the Carlack 68 and applied the Carlack long life was applied by hand.

(Carlack in the USA is called Klasse All in one or Klass Sealant Glaze, these products are amazingly long lasting and produce a great finish and are easy to work with)

What is great about Carlack is it results in the finish getting brighter over 24 hours as it cures.

The paintwork is now in Show Car condition and looks, our IQ is in Pearl White and it really "pops" with colour.

Now you are asking how long did this take? 6 hours for everything but I could have done it quicker. The finish is far better than a dealer would ever get and also I know every inch of the car (I even found a small (pin head size!) paint defect which the dealer is going to touch up.

In terms of cost, probably about £5 I still have loads of product left and could do an other 10 or 20 cars. So rather than spending £300 on the dealer applied protection system that takes them a couple of hours to apply. Buy a Meguiars G220 plus the other products and you will still have cash to spare. You can then do what I do and lend it to your neighbours. You will also get addicted to car polishing as I did and after a quick wash you get the polisher out and spend 20 minutes making it look like a show car again.

I notice cleanyourcar.co.uk has many of the products mentioned above but you can find other stockests on the internet.

An other resourse I put together on the Mercedes Club which may help you can be found here.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6997

and

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11486

Hope this helps.

Must agree about the 303 aerospace protectant, great stuff, and I have also changed the indicator bulbs as you suggested in a different post, that too has been a worthwhile mod.

Polishing might be a bit much for me though!

When can i book you for mine?!

Sorry no more bookings my wife hates me during the spring and summer she says the cars get far more attention than she does, and when it progresses to our neighbours cars she really feels upset :( . Perhaps if there is ever an IQ get together in the future I can bring the polisher and you can do your own!

I been trying to arrange an iQ get together in middle of country but serious lack of interest. I am also a bit anal about car cleaning & like meguirs but also love poorboys stuff, I also clay bar all my cars twice a year but do not have a polisher, funds just dont allow but maybe one day I will treat myself.

Jaine

• 1 month later...
When can i book you for mine?!

Sorry no more bookings my wife hates me during the spring and summer she says the cars get far more attention than she does, and when it progresses to our neighbours cars she really feels upset :( . Perhaps if there is ever an IQ get together in the future I can bring the polisher and you can do your own!

hi this is simondd may i ask you some advice,as i picked up my iq had the toyota treat the car with diamond brite and they sprayed the seats with diamond brite spray,they said that the diamond brite will lasts six years on the outside and have given me a bottle of diamond brite conservar to wash with every month,now do you think it would be a waste of time to treat the car in the same way you did,as i have never polished a car in my life,also i have ordered the 303 aerospave protectant,and fabric guard and sonus fine polish,from cleanyrcar,do you think i should polish it with the sonus as i live in malta it gets boiling in summer and what cloth do you use to polish as there are so many,i would like to thank you for yr time and patience as i really would like to look after my car now as i never did before, take care simon

I really enjoyed reading your cleaning experiences. It's soo lovely to read something positive and useful and you've managed to make cleaning alluring (scary!)

Thanks ! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links