Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

W T F Are Birds Eating ?

dave.m

:angry::angry::angry: Driving home today, windscreen and pillar got splattered with the biggest s^it I've ever seen.

Of course by the time I get home its bloody solid, and took a bit of effort to clean it off. Thats when I noticed I've scratched

the screen and pillar while cleaning it, un be f^ckin leaveable :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Talk about getting s^it on from a great height, I'm away to kick something.

Answer to your question is: grit! Birds eat grit to add digestion so any bird poo is like liquid sand paper (then solid sand paper) it has happened to me. Now I use a wet cloth to moisten and soften the offending article and gentle wipe away :thumbsup:

When mine was new I had that flippin' supagaurd treatment for which I paid an arm and a leg. Inside the nice little case they give you was a can of spray foam for removing bird poo. It was a complete waste of time as all it did was to create an abrasive paste which caused more damage than the bird poo did. I spent hours with paint restorer trying to remove the scoured marks.

All I do now is wet it and leave it to soak then come back after a while and use plenty of water while very gently wiping it off.

I think they eat chewing gum and silica around here Dave.

You can buy grit for your budgie. I'm going to start my local wild birds on prunes and chocolate. They won't need any grit.

Better watch - if they've been down near the roadworks on the M74 near Cambuslang, the stuff will glow during the night whether you think you've washed it off or not!! :sick:

(Note to remind myself to leave Humber bumper down there to get it re-chromed from the bird shhht)

we have seagulls that look like they pour a tin of emulsion paint on instead of s**t , but it comes of easy , must be all the fish they eat :P

The birds around here are the blond type and if they sh^t on my car it would take more than a damp tissue to remove it.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

The other type are pheasants and wood pigeons... but they cant quite get airborne in time to do much damage , but are a bugger to remove from your front grill and front wheel arch and tyre tread...I keep finding feathers for weeks afterwards.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the feeling about coming across large birds that can cr*p for England. A few years ago the roof of a black car I had was splattered by something akin to an Albatross.... there was so much of the bloody stuff on the roof and screen it took me ages to get the car clean :ffs: Thankfully I was about 100 yards from my Mum's house so I manged to start cleaning it off before it became case hardened :yes:

I think the ones out here have decided to have a contest to see who can get every seperate panel on the car first,

I don't know how they did it but they have even managed to whitewash under the roof spoiler.

You lot should do what i do

wrap your car in clingfilm and when the birds leave a deposit on it you just peel it off and replace it

easy peasy. :D

Alan

I remember when a bird crapped on my car... I didn’t take her out again :eek:

:P hahahahaha

If you think birds defacating on your car is bad :eek: I hope you never get an egg thrown at it, Now that does FLOCK up your paintwork :eek::eek:

P.S. I find Tar remover removes most things from your glass + paintwork and is non abrasive.. :thumbsup:

PPS. Anchs that paint protector you had done is it called GardX ?

e4bf8676.jpg

.... even managed to whitewash under the roof spoiler.

Obviously those up-side-down birds :rolleyes:

:angry::angry::angry: Driving home today, windscreen and pillar got splattered with the biggest s^it I've ever seen.

You should be grateful elephants don’t fly... :thumbsup:

Elephant%20poo.jpg

TVOR

Is he going to eat it?

LH

It was Supaguard which from memory cost me £200. I used the special wash fluid and it still disappeared after about 3 months. The stuff they put on the windscreen just stopped me seeing out when it rained!

.... even managed to whitewash under the roof spoiler.

Obviously those up-side-down birds :rolleyes:

Chicken with eggflyed rice is 69 at my local :eek:

Don't think i'd even want to drive over elephant droppings.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links