Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Positive Iq

5drive

hi just got my iq absolutely love it would like to know about the armrest and centre box i do love this car happy driving

We've had ours for about a month, and done around 1500 miles so far, no problems at all (Except a scratch or two on the doorpanel. :))

We got the 1.4 Diesel (Only comes with manual), and the 90bhp this lovely diesel produces makes the car fairly fast, I'm not the slowest from the lights.

The seats are fabulous, I've done a 200 mile ride so far, without stepping oit of the car, and I felt a lot better getting out of the car than I did when doing the same piece of road in my old Seat Leon FR.

The 6 speed gearbox in the diesel is excellent, probably one of the best manual gearboxes I have ever had, and my wife is very happy with the gearbox aswell. The first 200-300 miles it was a bit rough, but now it's smooth as butter, and the engine is getting better and better as the miles go on.

The diesel will do around 110 mph, and it's actually quite comfortable at that speed, but it will cost you your license here in Denmark, so I usually settle for 80-90 mph which is a small speedingticket if caught, and it is very comfortable at that speed.

As for MPG, it's a little lower than factory, but a diesel needs longer run-in time before it performs optimally. It's also important to remember that a cool engine is not very efficient, so if you primarily do 10-15 mile trips, your MPG will suffer a lot.

As for bad things, the doorpanels scratch easy as some of you have mentioned. The top part of the doorpanel, and the sidepanel in back, where the seatbelt svings back, scratch too easy. I have been thinking about getting it smooth, and have it painted with the same greyish/metalic as the centerconsole.

Also the original tires are fairly horrible (Bridgestone B250 on mine), they are very noisy, and I plan on having them replaced soon.

/Mains

We've had ours for about a month, and done around 1500 miles so far, no problems at all (Except a scratch or two on the doorpanel. :))

We got the 1.4 Diesel (Only comes with manual), and the 90bhp this lovely diesel produces makes the car fairly fast, I'm not the slowest from the lights.

The seats are fabulous, I've done a 200 mile ride so far, without stepping oit of the car, and I felt a lot better getting out of the car than I did when doing the same piece of road in my old Seat Leon FR.

The 6 speed gearbox in the diesel is excellent, probably one of the best manual gearboxes I have ever had, and my wife is very happy with the gearbox aswell. The first 200-300 miles it was a bit rough, but now it's smooth as butter, and the engine is getting better and better as the miles go on.

The diesel will do around 110 mph, and it's actually quite comfortable at that speed, but it will cost you your license here in Denmark, so I usually settle for 80-90 mph which is a small speedingticket if caught, and it is very comfortable at that speed.

As for MPG, it's a little lower than factory, but a diesel needs longer run-in time before it performs optimally. It's also important to remember that a cool engine is not very efficient, so if you primarily do 10-15 mile trips, your MPG will suffer a lot.

As for bad things, the doorpanels scratch easy as some of you have mentioned. The top part of the doorpanel, and the sidepanel in back, where the seatbelt svings back, scratch too easy. I have been thinking about getting it smooth, and have it painted with the same greyish/metalic as the centerconsole.

Also the original tires are fairly horrible (Bridgestone B250 on mine), they are very noisy, and I plan on having them replaced soon.

/Mains

hi I did not even know there was a diesel engine,soundsc fantastic,may i ask what tyres you are going to put on and how thick 15" or 16" and what make,just got my iq they are 15" and could you explain what you mean by the tyres being noisy thanks take care

hi I did not even know there was a diesel engine,soundsc fantastic,may i ask what tyres you are going to put on and how thick 15" or 16" and what make,just got my iq they are 15" and could you explain what you mean by the tyres being noisy thanks take care

Don't think it's available in the UK (yet?) but atleast in Denmark and Germany we get the 1.4 D-4D (revised version with 6 speed gearbox).

Well I have ordered some 7x16", and I'm going to put some 205/50-16 Michelin Primacy HP, or some 195/50-16 Continental Sportcontact 2/3 on it. Originally I wanted to to put 7x17 on it, but the dealer told me they wouldn't fit. I have however seen 18" with german TÜV approval, and also Sally19/iQ answered me in the picturepost that she has 7.5x17" at ET37 with no problem at all, so I guess the dealer was a bit too cautious.

As for tire noise. All tires has a diffrent noiselevel when they meat the pavement, and some tires makes a lot more noise rolling over the pavement than others. The standard fitted tires on the iQ (Atleast the Bridgestone I got) makes a lot of noise. And I have found some german tests backing up my observation. It's not a bad tire, it's just very noisy. :)

Don't think it's available in the UK (yet?) but atleast in Denmark and Germany we get the 1.4 D-4D (revised version with 6 speed gearbox).

Well I have ordered some 7x16", and I'm going to put some 205/50-16 Michelin Primacy HP, or some 195/50-16 Continental Sportcontact 2/3 on it. Originally I wanted to to put 7x17 on it, but the dealer told me they wouldn't fit. I have however seen 18" with german TÜV approval, and also Sally19/iQ answered me in the picturepost that she has 7.5x17" at ET37 with no problem at all, so I guess the dealer was a bit too cautious.

As for tire noise. All tires has a diffrent noiselevel when they meat the pavement, and some tires makes a lot more noise rolling over the pavement than others. The standard fitted tires on the iQ (Atleast the Bridgestone I got) makes a lot of noise. And I have found some german tests backing up my observation. It's not a bad tire, it's just very noisy. :)

thanks for that info,i think that i will order the 7x16" tyres if thats what they are as this is all new to me,i live in malta and the roads are slowly getting to a german or eu standard so the stronger and quiter they are the better thanks again and happy driving :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links