Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Hate Halfords...

Cherry Red Pocket Rocket

I woke up early this morning keen to detail my Yaris and get it into a spick and span looking condition (its in pretty good nick already though) and decided to drive into Oxford and pop into Halfords to get a few extra bits and bobs since it has been more than a year since I detailed a car.

Hallfords was pretty quiet and a shop asstant was no where to be seen. I had a look around and was surprised at how little detailing stuff they had. After looking around for a shop assistant as I wanted some help I found them huddled in a corner discussing something or another. I asked them about a new air filter (my car is in need of a big service ASAP) and horn for my car. The bloke pointed me in the direction of where they are and made me feel as if I was more of a nuisance than anything else.

In the end I gave up, bought all the things that I thought I needed and left as soon as I could. Pfffft. Young punks hey?

Went into The Motorists Discount Center yesterday and they changed my front wipers for me, gave me the bits and pieces that I needed for my car to be serviced. Oil, oil filter, spark plugs, were very helpful and didn't charge me for fitting my Wiper Blades either (unlike Halfords).

Point of this little rant... Avoid Halfords and either pop into The Motorists Discount Center (if you have one near you) or buy online.

Now to find a decent garage to service my little baby.

Does anyone know how to change the rear wiper by the way?

I always avoid Halfrauds if I can... the staff in the Rugby shop are about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard and quite plainly don't want to be working there.... there are over 2 million unemployed at the moment who'd give anything for work - personally I'd love to see a swap of employees!

The adverts on Dave in between TopGear amuse me.... some woman gets a scratch and the Halfords guy fixes it in all of 2 seconds by spraying over it..... as if that actually happens in real life! :lol:

By the by, mate of mine lives in Witney - very pretty town!

HAHAHA!!! Halfords is well overpriced! I never go there, I get discount at my local factors.

Lauren (plus one) got Halfords to fit a headlight bulb for her and they put it in upside down!

PM Jimlad, he is a store manager!!

Halfords is hoeendously overpriced and the staff there are stoopid. DA, I couldn't argee with you more! I was unemployed for just over a year before giving up and working with my folks in their little business in Witney.

I either buy my bits and bobs from Motorists Discount Centre or online. Much cheaper.

I always avoid Halfrauds if I can... the staff in the Rugby shop are about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard and quite plainly don't want to be working there.... there are over 2 million unemployed at the moment who'd give anything for work - personally I'd love to see a swap of employees!

The adverts on Dave in between TopGear amuse me.... some woman gets a scratch and the Halfords guy fixes it in all of 2 seconds by spraying over it..... as if that actually happens in real life! :lol:

you need to pay more attention, he sands it down then sprays

If only it was as simple and cheap as that (plus had the cheery service) I'd have my little stone chips done if a jiffy!

I try to avoid halfrauds if I can.. although the bigish one in the Brunel retail park Reading has a fair selection of detailing stuff, The pink pre-mixed screen wash is worth getting when its buy one get one free too ;) Apart from that they are very expensive, the head unit in the other half's MR2 was nearly twice the price at halfrauds than it was at audio66! Good for oil too (as long as you don't need something specific)

Plus the audio "experts" are useless... I went in to ask about any iPod integration systems for my car.. the guy asked to "look" annoying sat half in my car crushing the lower bolsters (leather marks really easily of you do that too often) then said he'll "just pop off that panel and look at something" He really didn't have a clue what he was talking about! and dispite claiming to have "worked on loads of these" didn't seem to realise that the audio module is in the boot, racked up with the sat nav and TV gear ;)

Still they are usfull to pop in if you need something on a sunday afternoon...

I live in Witney that is about half an hour from Oxford but because my new wheels sips fuel it isn't an issue to pop into Oxford and grab something. I think I'll stick to Motorists Discount Centre from now on and avoid Halfords altogether.

That been said I did manage to get an air filter for my car and fitted it ten minutes ago. Was a bugger to do though! Its mounted vertically at the front of the engine so I had to hold it in while simultaneously trying to get the metal clips to clip on and really hurt my fingers in the process. Nothing beats the feeling of being able to do it yourself. Now I just need the engine bay cleaned, oil and sparkers changed and for it to be looked at by a professional. My old Honda had its air filter at the back and it was mounted horizontally at the top so you could just pop the clips, pull it out, rest a new one snugly then pop the clips back in and you'd be done in a couple of minutes. Still, I did it and it is a great feeling!

I don't give two hoots how he does it, it's false advertising as it implies its a 2 second job... whereas in reality it happens like this

Owner walks into his local Halfrauds....

Owner: Alright mate, I've got a scratch on my car and need some help with some paint

Employee: Errr let me get my supervisor

Owner waits for supervisor, supervisor arrives

Supervisor: My colleague tells me you have a scratch

Owner: Yeah, some eejit caught my car in the Sainsburys car park - can you take a look

Supervisor: Can't really, it's my lunch break in 5 mins, I'll get Dave

Supervisor announce on tannoy "Dave to supervisors desk.... that's Dave to supervisors desk please"

Dave arrives

Supervisor: Dave, this guy needs help with a scratch

Dave: Err alright (turns to owner) What colour is it?

Owner: Milano Blue, for a 1995 Volkswagen Golf, paint code is G64F7

Dave: Errr well we got Dark Blue or Light Blue

Owner: Do you not have a shade like Milano Blue?

Dave: We got dark blue or light blue, you'll have to contact Volkswagen for actual paint codes

Owner checks out colours, turns out Dark Blue is a match

Owner: I'll take the dark blue, can you help me spray it on?

Dave: You must be 'avin a giraffe mate, Mandy from down the roads just walked in and she's well fit, just go to the checkout and they'll sort you out

Owner walks to checkout, feeling a bit miffed

Checkout Girl talking to her mate "So I said to Chantelle, I was like oh my god, I can't believe she got off with him, he is welllll mingin!

Checkout girl finally notices Owner waiting to purchase said paint and scans it in

Checkout Girl to mate: So are you going out on Friday night? I am gonna get soooo blotto... that's £15.99

Owner pays, Checkout girl takes cash

Checkout girl: Here's your change.... (turns to mate) so yeah, what you wearing Friday night, I'm gonna wear that dress I bought from New Look, Darren says I look well fit in it.....

Owner: Excuse me, can I have a bag?

Checkout girl throws bag at Owner

Owner walks out, disgruntled.

Disclaimer: Milano Blue, for a 1995 Volkswagen Golf, paint code is G64F7 probably doesn't exist, so don't be pedantic and pull me up about it!

I would like to object to your portrayal of Halfords in that dialog

The supervisor is not called Dave, he is called Leigh (new T&Cs in 2008 cone out)

Dave wasn't the supervisor.... Supervisor was the supervisor, Dave was the one who fancied Mandy from down the road....

That advert is well funny, its the way they fit the stereo too!

I would like to object to your portrayal of Halfords in that dialog

The supervisor is not called Dave, he is called Leigh (new T&Cs in 2008 cone out)

:lol::lol::lol: We Dave's like a bit of accuracy where our name is used, Dave is not a common name,

its a POPULAR name :lol::lol::lol:

When I had my old Honda I bought a Sony audio player for it. I gave Halfords a ring to see how much they'd charge for it and they said £80 plus VAT (or something to that extent) as if the mention of the "plus VAT" would make me think *oh that's alright then, fair price really*. Instead me and the old man sat in the car, pulled out the old, put in the new, wired everything up and was done in fifteen minutes and I saved myself a fair few bob!

They should include a caption at the bottom of their adverts "not interested and don't know noffin'"

I sometimes just go in for a laugh. One day a customer had asked where the coolant was. He got the answer that they didn't sell coolant, just antifreeze. Brilliant.

I went in to get a price for a headlight for my Punto. The guy asked if it was 55 or 60w so, confused, I replied that I thought it was both. He then quoted me £6.99 at which point I deduced that he had priced me the bulb and not the actual headlamp. Again, brilliant.

was that a big advert for motor discount place?

i like halfrauds, they never have any staff but the ones in Grimsby who are there are decent tbh

Lmao their adverts, who they think they are, hmmmmmm :rolleyes: i dont like hellfords from experiance years ago that i never go there again for anything, they lost a loom for my stereo in 2002 accuse me of stealing it & was rude to me about it, i mean stealing my own stuff ? come one what sort excuse is that?? :rolleyes: + they never call bk to say my car was ready i have to find out by chasing them up & their service is very poor imo & i once waiting outside the car park so i took a look at a modified BMW 325i as you do to something that gets your attention, which was a halfrauds staff car & that guy came outside & gave me the evils & kept looking at me for long time, maybe trying to scare me, i thought whatever, he didnt scare me though :yahoo: !

Hell must be like Hallfords...

No thats Tesco's :rolleyes:

Tesco's must be like Halfords??

Yes.................. Tesco's sell Polish and Screenwash, but Halfords do not sell Eggs and Milk :rolleyes: :P :lol:

i quite enjoy a walk around tescos!!!

It would be more fun driving :lol:

i quite enjoy a walk around tescos!!!

It would be more fun driving :lol:

As long as you don't park, spend 60p on your credit card & leave the site :hang: :lol2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links