Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

05 Aygo+ Compared With The New 09 Blue Edition

wez_kc

post-74588-1237764517_thumb.jpg

My tired looking 3 1/2 year old Aygo + Ice blue

post-74588-1237768987_thumb.jpg

And here is my brand new Aygo Blue 09 face lift model!!

post-74588-1237764803_thumb.jpg

The first thing i noticed is the fab new blue colour! its a real rich blue that has a kinda coral blue look to it in the sunshine! as the name suggests (Caymen blue) it had that mediterrean look to it) I gotta say that i absolutely love the minor face lift that it has undergone. The front bumper looks more aggressive and sportier. Also i love the chrome surrounds around the rear lights!! really sets them off!! they don't look cheap at all as i read somewhere they looked like it in the ads, but there top quality.

post-74588-1237765295_thumb.jpg

i gotta say that i fell in love wit hthe rear of the Aygo when it was first announced! still looks smart and sporty and loads of potencial for modders!!

post-74588-1237769100_thumb.jpg

I added the style pack and protection pack as i wanted it to have more kit then my last aygo, i nver really added anything to my last one it was the way i bought it for the last 3 1/2 years so wanted this as a definiate upgrade over just a lick of new paint!! was glad that they had a new look this year as if i'm honest i was looks at an IQ as my new Toyota! i still think they are fantatsic little cars and nearly signed on the dotted line for one but there was still a nagging feeling in my head that its a bit like any aygo in even smaller packaging with a more luxury feel. Which isn't a bad thing but its not as functional as the Aygo with interior space and i feel kinda pricey in comparsion. But i still think they are worth a look and who no's for my next car!

anyway back to the Aygo the new crome ringed front fog lights look very nice!! i liked the older syle and think they look slightly sportier, but these intergrate into the new bumper seamlessly and look really smart.

post-74588-1237766146_thumb.jpg

Never bothered with the side bumpers before but added them wiht this one. I work at meadowhall shopping center and my last model had its fair share of bumps and scratches from other shoppers! i don't know weather these will help much, but i have been parking miles away from everyone now while its still showroom new lol

post-74588-1237766529_thumb.jpg

These are my first set of alloys on a car, standard ones no frills but like the chunky look and certanliy better the the plastics ones on my old Aygo! I wish it had come with the ones supplied with the Black as they look really like like the wavey effect to them! may consider them in the future but alloys are so expensive!! and i am a bugger for hitting curbs and scratching my wheel trims lol so these will do me for time being!

Right on to the inside alot has changed for me upgrading from the 05 version but any of you with a more recent Aygo will probs have alot of these features!

post-74588-1237766874_thumb.jpg

I got the carpet mats with the blue trim, look really good and feel good quality add that splash of colour to the interior!! i like the interior of the Aygo i agree that it is a bare bones budget kinda look but at the same time kinda modern, sporty and flexiable. I'm loveing the paint around the speedo and air vents really adds to the look!! The trim is of a better quailty then 05, the front tweeters now have a cover on them, don't think that adds much but looks better. Have to say the whole inside has a more put together kinda feel! the doors have that quality feel to them when they close, don't no whether thats cuz its new but deffo feels more robust to me.

post-74588-1237767226_thumb.jpg

door scuffs add bit of style and functional because i noticied loads of scratches in that area on my old Aygo.

right i've sed alot of postives here and overall i'm very happy wiht my new car, but there are a couple negatives of note. These are big differances i have noticied from owning the the very first model in the Aygo line.

post-74588-1237767457_thumb.jpg

The stereo unit!! why why why has the rear Speakers been moved to the front door storage compartments??? it seems illogical and an unessary expense?? given the sound isn't fantatstic in any of the Aygo line The set up with the rear Speakers in the back was alot better. Ive been given the aguement that when you go to a concert you have all that sound comeing towards you from the front. Well with this set up in the new Aygo you don't really ge tany depth to the sound, your passengers also miss out, maybe not a bad thing if you taxy rents around like me lol it also sounds tinny the actually quality of the sound seems poorer. i reall see this as a downgrade from my old model and a bit of a dissapointment as like alot of you i like my music!! this will be an area i will have to invest in, get better Speakers and maybe add another two in the back.

second negative is a funny one, can be a negative or a bit of a positive depending on which way you look at it! The engine has been sound proofed to hell!! its quite amazing how quite it is now!! it has lost that little roar when you turn the ignition! granted the Aygo is not trying to be something its not i loved that little roar and added to the overall character and feel of the car etc nippy little city car but i think with a sporty looking edge. So it was strange to start my new car up and have a very flat generic sorta sound. Though i have to say the ehgine feels more refined and the drive. The ride feels alot smoother and exterior noise has been reduced alot so driving on the motorways isn't as loud as it use to be. But i kinda a feel its lost a bit of that charming character to it!

i'm not going to finish on a grumble though as i'm more then happy wiht it!! gave it its first clean today and under close inspection just love all the little refinements and the curves!! i feel i made the right choice sticking with the Aygo it suits my life style fine!! has a clean sporty well made kinda look, fits four people comftably and is amzing value to own and run. I was ver ytempted by the IQ and i feel it will do very well, but i can't help thinking it would have been even better to stick wiht the aygos form and space and upgraded the interior and gave it a more premuium feel. I will say that Toyotas ethos about clean, quality,stylish, green cars is one that admire and have bought into! the Toyota Aygo fits that bill perfectly and will be giving me many more happy years of contiued driving!! for anyone reading this whos thinking about getting one of the newer models i really recommend the face lift models apart from the couple of niggles there a fab little update!! any questions jus tlet me know!! thanks for reading guys!!

What a difference! It looks a lot better, amazing what a decent colour can do to a car. The rear lights look like they have LED’s like the new Yaris and the fog lights look a lot better as well, integrated and not bolted on, nice alloys as well :thumbsup:

Nice write-up, kez. :)

I agree about the engine noise suppression - first thing I noticed after trading up from a 57-plate to my 09 Blue. I sort of miss that growl, but I suppose Toyota felt that the car does need all the anti-noise help it can get - especially at cruising speeds on concrete/poor roads.

One Q: I guess the driver's mat fixes to that 'button' thing on the floor, but do the other mats just sit there loose? I only ask because the one's in my GF's Ford Fusion slide all over the place and are a real pain.

im not that bo selecta pet bird kez lol yeah the other mats sit loose, though i never had a prob with the ones in my other aygo. the drivers mat use to annoy me though sumtimes riding up onto the clutch while i was driving! this one seems adifferent shape, and even though its just secured with the one nib as before its cut around abump on the fllor infront of the brakes. its not moved around as yet. thanks for reply buddy

Excellent write up and agree with you on all your points, I really do like the new lights and the front face lift and I could be swayed into liking the colour also, first time I saw one in the flesh I just thought it was an extremly well polished and cleaned version of mine! :lol: I dont like the side mouldings tho. Pleased you stuck with the Aygo!

I would miss the growl tho, I love the 3pot note and wind noise has never bothered me.

looks good well done :thumbsup:

Great review!!! :thumbsup:

I am due to pick up my 09 Black on Friday so will get some pics and a review posted next week hopefully.

Do you know what size those Speakers in the front doors are?

I am due to pick up my 09 Black on Friday so will get some pics and a review posted next week hopefully.

Do you know what size those speakers in the front doors are?

I'm not sure buddy, cool i was torn between Black one or blue but went for blue because the extras, bluetooth and air con are what i needed straight away, gonna get round to getting the leather steering wheel and gear knob but maybe skip leather seats bcause to expensive as an extra for me lol. Yeah post some pics of it when you get it please some of the wheel and gear knob be appriciated. By the way the alloys of the black edition look ace!! Wecome to the Aygo club!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure buddy, cool i was torn between Black one or blue but went for blue because the extras, bluetooth and air con are what i needed straight away, gonna get round to getting the leather steering wheel and gear knob but maybe skip leather seats bcause to expensive as an extra for me lol. Yeah post some pics of it when you get it please some of the wheel and gear knob be appriciated. By the way the alloys of the black edition look ace!! Wecome to the Aygo club!!

I have just posted a review and some pics in the reviews section :)

I have just posted a review and some pics in the reviews section :)

Hey cool thanks for letting me know i'll check that out right away!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links