Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Alloys For Gen 7 Celica

T-SportAddict

Hi there

Can anyone advise where the cheapest place to get brand new Celica T-Sport alloys (either with or without Pirelli P-Zero Assim tyres? (pref not ebay)

Thanks in advance

Hope you have a good reason for wanting T Sport alloys, they buckle and corrode very easily. I believe Parts King has sold out now but a guy called nimz on Celica Club has a very nice set for sale.

Hi - Thanks for replying - was just looking to keep it original as I've had the car from new (5 yrs) and have never changed the alloys (Know what you mean about buckling, have flat spots on all 4) - Would you advise to change them to another type (have thought about it and looked at a set of momo and an o.z. set)?

Anyone else have any thoughts on the best make of alloy to go with if I did switch?

Thanks again

For a Gen 7 the OZ Palladio look good, they're similar in design to the GT alloys which are Fondmetal Tech5. I assume you would want 17" and use the Tyres off the TS Rims?

I too like the T sport wheels, and recently had mine refurbished. They looked great, for 5 minutes till I hit a deep pot hole in Worcester which was full of water. One newly refurbished wheel = buckled! So yeah, they aren't the strongest wheel in the world. I'm currently running a spare set of aftermarket alloys.

So to conclude, the T sport wheels are nice - but I'd go with aftermarket personally.

Thanks for the replies - had looked at a couple of sets (see attachments) feel free to let me know what you think - without me having to get a tape measure out, does anyone know if the T-Sport alloys are 7x17, 7.5x17 or 8x17?

Thanks again

T

post-74949-1237936711_thumb.jpg

post-74949-1237936721_thumb.jpg

post-74949-1237936732_thumb.jpg

Firstly, T Sport Rims are 7x17"

You're obviously a fan of multi spokes, so we differ in that respect.

The top link IMO are the worst of the three

The Momo Wheels are better

The OZ's again have too many spokes for me, but, being lightweight and very high quality, will offer the best performance and handling in your TS.

The third set (the OZ superturismo) wheels look nice.

I'm not keen on the first two though, think they look a little chavvy. But that's just my opinion though so please don't be offended by it.

Hey

I'm also currently looking for new alloys for my Gen 7. I have recently bought the car and it has Lenso RS5 alloys in Black fitted. They are nice enough but due to personal taste I am looking to change them.

From your pictures shown I would go for the OZ wheels, might actually get those myself.

Just wondering does everyone generally go for 17's, or have many tried 18's? Any problems 18's would give?

I'm not the best person to answer if 17's or 18's would be better - personally would want to keep it on 17's.

I've always liked the Superturismo alloys (for about 10yrs) but am finding them to be the more expensive option (best price I can find is £600 with delivery, and P-Zero Assim tyres coming in at about £440) - Does anyone know anywhere cheaper for the alloys?

I did find another couple of Sets - BK Racing 299 (in silver) - has anyone had any experience/knowledge of BK alloys?

Or Kei Racing Kruze (Hypersilver) - again, has anyone had any experience/knowledge of Kei Racing alloys?

Don't really know what I want (apart from anything too chav) but was trying to keep away from 5 spoke designs (so not too keen on the Palladio suggestion (but Thanks anyway). Does anyone have any suggestions for a Standard Storm Blue T-Sport (not lowered yet....)

Another idea, if I was to consider changing the tyres to another type (as I seem to only get about 8000-10,000 miles out the front set), any opinions on what I could get (if possible keeping the 205/45/17 profile) - Are Toyo T1-R's any good?

Thanks again

T

post-74949-1238288104_thumb.jpg

post-74949-1238288462_thumb.jpg

The Toyo T1R is an excellent Tyre if you're just looking looking for grip, unfortunately being a soft compound, they don't last very long. If you want to spend a little less on the Tyres so you have more money for the Rims, consider Falken FK452. Other top brand Tyres which I consider to be superior to the Pirelli Assimetrico are Good Year Eagle and Yoko Parada II.

Asking for opinions on Alloy Wheel design is like asking for opinions on clothes, we're all different. If you want to avoid five spoke, another favourite of mine (which will take some looking after cleaning wise like your other choices) is the Wolfrace Asia Tec Kendo in Black with a S/S lip.

Finally, just want to say that sticking with both a 17" Rim and 205/45 is a wise decision.

HTH :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links