Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Serious Question...insuance/health

ricc

What i ask here i ask with reservations. I say that because llots of pople judge, and lots coments and critices where possible. So Could i please ask and responses be whole related to the fact given. Thank you.

I havd had for several years a condition called 'Fibromyalgia'. Info is freely available on Wiki. Cutting a long story short its conditions are similas to that of 'ME' and 'Chrionic Fatigue Syndrome' with the added bonus os chroic pain and mass insomnia.

Prob 1)

ok, first off, my Doctors have not said driving is to be avoided and is not a problem. And it would be of no problem. May i let you know, I am FULLY awake of when I am NOT capable of driving and have religiously not done so under such conditions.

I DO use crutches to walk, mainly anything over 30/40 meters. And occasionally 1 crutch for shorte distances periods.

Prob2 )

Although classed a dissabilitating disease this currently in a very controvertial state of is it, or is it NOT, a 'dissability'

I as for 2 reason, firstly, i would need to no doubt notify my insurers.

secondly, would i be entitle to a dissable blue parking Badge.

Again, please respect the seriousness of this request for help.

Many thanks guys.

Richard.

hi Richard sorry to hear about you're health, if it were me i would tell the insurance company, you know what there like any small problem and they wont pay out, as for the blue Badge ,go for it, but just remember you probably wont get parked because some able bodied plonker has parked there to nip in the shop for 10 !Removed! :lol: take care

Things like this which are too often mis-understood by 'the authorities' are difficult to live with, cos people make it so.

On the blue Badge, you need your GP to basically say that you can't walk far, and that you use crutches / wheelchair sometimes. Describe the worst case scenario. The same applies when asking for benefits.

I am insured - normal death benefit, but pay twice as much as anyone else and its capped at £80k - not a lot - but to get more would cost just too much. I've never been refused insurance but just get ridiculous quotes.

On driving, I have a seat belt exemption signed by the GP for medical reasons; but it doesn't get recognised in planes. No, I don't drive planes, but am able and enjoy driving. Same as you, I know when my condition is bad enough to avoid driving. (I don't have the same condition as you).

When I took out my insurance 7 years ago, I was 4 stone lighter, but I haven't been to tell them I'm heavier now....as they are aware of the conditions I do have. I always assumed that you took out insurance and as long as you tell them of any pre-existing conditions at the time, then on death etc they will pay out (the etc means whatever insurance type you've taken out). Standard Life paid out when my 1st wife died as she didn't have a pre-existing condition that killed her.

As far as car insurance, I answer the particular questions on health truthfully - I have OSA, but don't get treatment for it cos none works. And the way they seem to work is if you get medical treatment then it needs admitted.

Aside of this, you self certify for your driving licence - as my father has done and he's 90. Just stopped driving in January due to illness.

Sorry I've gone beyond the topic - just fancied a ramble.

best wishes and good luck!

Don't know if this helps. I have approx 3 things wrong with me, including Diabetes Which is controlled by Tablets.

By law, here in Ireland, I am obliged to inform the Licencing Authorities. I enquired from the Guards (Police, to you :lol: ) as to whether there was a form for doing this. There wasn't & they weren't too bothered, but stressed that I should inform my Ins. Co.

I had just renewed my Insurance @ the time & the Ins Co said "Not to worry". They have noted it in my Policy & will request a Doctor's cert approx 1 month before next renewal. No loading, as yet.

I did inform the Licence Authorities, & as my 10 year licence expires in 2 years, they said to let it stand & send in a Cert when renewing.

I am aware that this is a different Country & a different disease , but I hope I have given you some help.

A friend of mine, with progressive Rheumatoid Arthritis, drives an Automatic, coz she can't use the clutch. When going to Hospital, she drives, coz she thinks I am too slow. She goes like a rally driver & I feel quite safe as she has survived 9 years driving in Italy. It is when we arrive, I come in handy for locating & pushing a wheelchair. She refuses to get one for personal use, as she feels that it is giving in to her condition

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links