Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Window Problem

Davie B

Hi Chaps/Chappesses,

Have a 'dead' passenger side elec window that has 'suddenly' stopped working via either control switch (driver or passenger). I had the car cleaned today (in and out) - could this be linked??

Either way, wondered if there was any advice out there as to where to start to rectify this....?!?

Cheers all,

Davie.

ever chance it will work in the morning , just a bit damp . happen to me once about a year ago so i left the heater on full for a hour out side the house ,then turned it off nice and warm inside and in the morning worked fine :D :D

Hi Chaps/Chappesses,

you may have pressed the button that isolates all electric windows ecpt. drivers one

its above the wndow switches next to one that locks doors.

Hi Chaps/Chappesses,

Have a 'dead' passenger side elec window that has 'suddenly' stopped working via either control switch (driver or passenger). I had the car cleaned today (in and out) - could this be linked??

Either way, wondered if there was any advice out there as to where to start to rectify this....?!?

Cheers all,

Davie.

Oh Oh . . sponge monkeys + car electrics = CHAOS

Give it a couple of hours with the heater on then start looking at stuff that costs money! Check your drain holes at the bottom of the door skin - just in case

Hi Chaps/Chappesses,

Cheers all,

Davie.

Press the window isolater switch back off again from the drivers door, the one with a picture of a window and a cross through it !

Press the window isolater switch back off again from the drivers door, the one with a picture of a window and a cross through it !

Good one :)

Wouldn't surprise me if it was that simple

• 2 years later...

Good one :)

Wouldn't surprise me if it was that simple

Oh fantastic!

Just fixed a long standing problem using this tip - thanks for the knowledge, people!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links