Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Engine Cover

Trialsrider

HI

Does anyone know how you remove the plastic engine cover on 2008 RAV 4XTR - the cover with D4D on it?

I am also planning on fitting the Strebel Nautilus Compact air horn - www.stebel.it/stebel/index2006.htm replacing the original ones.Will I need to use a relay or is there one already fitted and is it suitable for this horn.

Many thanks for any replies.

Regads

Alan

HI

Does anyone know how you remove the plastic engine cover on 2008 RAV 4XTR - the cover with D4D on it?

I am also planning on fitting the Strebel Nautilus Compact air horn - www.stebel.it/stebel/index2006.htm replacing the original ones.Will I need to use a relay or is there one already fitted and is it suitable for this horn.

Regads

Alan

Hi, the engine cover just pulls off, and the is some info on a horn upgrade at the top of the main Rav4 page by Anchorman I would think. Mike

If its air horns you will need a relay. A few of us on here have changed to Ring dual tone horns or similar.

They are a straight swap and sound a whole lot better than the origonals.

HI

Regads

Alan

Firmly grasp the engine cover with both hands and pull up. The horns already have a relay fitted--I don't know if it is suitable for the air horn. It depends on how much current the new horn draws.

Regads

Alan

Just a note of caution with the horns - there is not a great deal of room between the grille and the radiator.

Not wishing to teach 'egg sucking' but have you checked the size of the Stebel horn and the mounting method? Or do you plan to mount elsewhere?

I used Anchorman's guide and fitted a pair of windtone horns from a late model Rover. Had to modify the brackets slightly and make up two short earth leads but total cost less than a fiver.

Couldn't believe how tiny [and tinny] the originals were.

No more sounding like Roadrunner ;)

Many Thanks once again for your help and advice.

Regards

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links