Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel Alignment

buckleb

My wife is reporting that the steering wheel, on her 3 day old Aygo Blue, is off centre, and is pointing slightly to the left when she drives. She doesn't like this at all.

Is there a simple way to adjust this, or is it back to the dealer for wheel alignment? The car is going in on Monday anyway for its GardX application (forgotten on initial delivery).

Cheers

Barry

Mine has been the same from pretty much day one I think, but I compensate for it automatically now without noticing.

I'm sure she would get used to it, but is it unreasonable to ask them to straighten it?

I've never had a car that had an off-centre steering wheel, and neither has my wife (about 22 cars between us).

With the palaver over this purchase, my wife doesn't feel she's received her new car yet, so I really want this sorted, even if I have to get it done by a third party.

Cheers

Barry

Before PDI, the BLUE and PLATINUM versions all seem to have the steering alignment out.

The steering wheels are different to the other models so im pretty sure this is the reason.

Wheel alignment is supposed to be checked (and adjusted under warranty during PDI ;) )

Mart.

Before PDI, the BLUE and PLATINUM versions all seem to have the steering alignment out.

The steering wheels are different to the other models so im pretty sure this is the reason.

Wheel alignment is supposed to be checked (and adjusted under warranty during PDI ;) )

Mart.

Thanks for the info Mart. I do get the impression that the PDI was rushed (can't imagine why), so I'll get them to do it properly when I drop it off Monday.

Barry

Yeah mine was out as well. To be honest they shouldn't leave the factory like that. I actually think it is down to one person at the factory thinking that is the right way to put them on a right hand drive car ! :)

Regards

Andy

One of my pet hates is a wonky steering wheel.

My used 07 Aygo which I only had for a few weeks was the same.

I went back to the dealers service dept and mentioned it. They booked me in for the next week and sorted it for free.

It is now dead centre perfect.

Yeah mine was out as well. To be honest they shouldn't leave the factory like that. I actually think it is down to one person at the factory thinking that is the right way to put them on a right hand drive car ! :)

Regards

Andy

Cars do always leave the factory like this, thats what the PDI is for - to check for any faults before the customer takes ownership :)

Nothing to do with a person at the factory as the Aygos are built and the different style steering wheel is fitted afterwards (they dont have fine splines so this is probably as straight as the wheel can get to central) As i said - geometry should be checked at PDI and this all centred up.

Mart :)

Regards

Andy

Cars do always leave the factory like this, thats what the PDI is for - to check for any faults before the customer takes ownership :)

Nothing to do with a person at the factory as the Aygos are built and the different style steering wheel is fitted afterwards (they dont have fine splines so this is probably as straight as the wheel can get to central) As i said - geometry should be checked at PDI and this all centred up.

Mart :)

I just picked up my wife's Aygo Blue from the garage, and it is now gleaming! The steering wheel now seems to be in line too.

My wife is really looking forward to zooming around in her new baby... and I have to admit that I really enjoyed driving it backwards and forwards to the dealer too; it reminds me of the fun I used to have, many years ago, with my first car (a 6v Beetle!). My current car, a 4x4 Qahqai, seems rather remote and uninvolving in comparison.

Anyway, thanks for the support and advice peeps.

Barry

Glad your finally sorted. Hopefully some fun and problem free motoring to come for your wife. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links