Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clock

Goggy

Is it me or is the clock on this site out !!!

Or have i had tooooooo much Stella ? :rolleyes:

Is it me or is the clock on this site out !!!

Or have i had tooooooo much Stella ? :rolleyes:

Yes, I fear that Anchorman has forgot to wind the clock up, He has probably gone off to London for the weekend with the key in his pocket, I am sure he will fix it when he gets back.. :thumbsup:

For a start I think it has always run about 10 mins slow.

I expect the board runs @ GMT (UTC). If you view it without logging in you get that. The board is worldwide, so it has to use some base time.

If it appears 1 hour and 10 mins slow, it is your timezone and daylight saving settings.

If you go to your control panel -> board settings, you'll see your time zone settings.

I've always had auto DST (daylight saving) set, and I'm sure it used to work before, but it doesn't seem to be at the moment.

Anyway, if you set the time to GMT, unset auto DST, manually tick the "is daylight saving time in effect?" box (or just use GMT+1 as your timezone) and then click "Change my account options", you should get things displayed closer to actual UK time. Change it back at the end of October (or maybe the auto DST will have been fixed by then and you won't have to :D).

That's my take on it anyway, for what it's worth.

You might still have had too much stella though. :D :thumbsup:

:unsure:

For a start I think it has always run about 10 mins slow.

I expect the board runs @ GMT (UTC). If you view it without logging in you get that. The board is worldwide, so it has to use some base time.

If it appears 1 hour and 10 mins slow, it is your timezone and daylight saving settings.

If you go to your control panel -> board settings, you'll see your time zone settings.

I've always had auto DST (daylight saving) set, and I'm sure it used to work before, but it doesn't seem to be at the moment.

Anyway, if you set the time to GMT, unset auto DST, manually tick the "is daylight saving time in effect?" box (or just use GMT+1 as your timezone) and then click "Change my account options", you should get things displayed closer to actual UK time. Change it back at the end of October (or maybe the auto DST will have been fixed by then and you won't have to :D).

That's my take on it anyway, for what it's worth.

You might still have had too much stella though. :D :thumbsup:

Wow! Can we get Anchorman to pin this one? I'll never remember all that :huh:

.......I don't know, there's just no pleasing some people..... ;) :D

Here's an easy guide:

timezone.jpg

:thumbsup:

EDIT:

Just another thought on the auto daylight saving. If the board software is sourced from the USA, well their summertime change over used to be something like first Sunday in April (well, at least for places like Michigan, which I'm used to dealing with). It's now something like mid March change over there.

Anyway, if the board uses the USA change over model and the board software hasn't been updated to reflect their new earlier changeover date, well the auto change over option might start working in the next few hours (1st Sunday in April).....perhaps............

I can't see why the board software can't just match the auto change over date to the timezone selected.

OK, I'll shut-up now and get me coat.

.......I don't know, there's just no pleasing some people..... ;) :D

Here's an easy guide:

timezone.jpg

:thumbsup:

EDIT:

Just another thought on the auto daylight saving. If the board software is sourced from the USA, well their summertime change over used to be something like first Sunday in April (well, at least for places like Michigan, which I'm used to dealing with). It's now something like mid March change over there.

Anyway, if the board uses the USA change over model and the board software hasn't been updated to reflect their new earlier changeover date, well the auto change over option might start working in the next few hours (1st Sunday in April).....perhaps............

I can't see why the board software can't just match the auto change over date to the timezone selected.

Yeah, let's call 'time' on this one ;)

and pop off for a Stella, perhaps??? :beer:

I'll have a red wine, please (lamb roasting as we speak.......)

and pop off for a Stella, perhaps??? :beer:

I'll have a red wine, please (lamb roasting as we speak.......)

Certainly. Think I'll leave the Stella for Goggy and join you in a red. Enjoy the roast! :drool::eat::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links