Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 Beam Deflectors

richwafta

Taking the RAV for its first (of many I hope) trip to France. I have some beam benders that I bought for a previous trip, but didn't use.

The question I have is, do I need them on the RAV with the projector headlamps? I have read that many manufacturers fit a lever or similar to swap between UK and Continental beam configurations. Do Toyota?

Also I have found that the beam benders can be a pain to remove and I don't want to damage the headlight glass.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

You will need somthing to change the beams to dip to the right on the continent.

The projector lights you refer to are basically 'normal' headlights, I think you may be confusimg them with xenon or as Lexus call them HID, High Intensity Discharge (I think).

I have had these on previous Audi and Skoda cars and you flattened the beam by moving a lever which I did by removing the headlights first as they can break if you are not careful.

That leaves you with the option of beam benders which are a pain to get off the plastic headlights.

Kingo may be able to reccomend what to fit so it doesn't damage the plastic.

Regards :thumbsup:

Taking the RAV for its first (of many I hope) trip to France. I have some beam benders that I bought for a previous trip, but didn't use.

The question I have is, do I need them on the RAV with the projector headlamps? I have read that many manufacturers fit a lever or similar to swap between UK and continental beam configurations. Do Toyota?

Also I have found that the beam benders can be a pain to remove and I don't want to damage the headlight glass.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I use Eurolites headlight beam benders, they come with fitting instructions for the RAV, and came off my vehicle OK with no damage to the headlight.

I had to use white spirit to remove a small amount of glue residue that was left on the lens.

most European countries insist on dipped headlights during the day especially out of towns and cities.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EUROLITES-HEADLAMP-B...%3A1|240%3A1318

Frank

I just use a small piece of gaffer tape in Fance and never had a problem just wipes off with a bit of wd40

I used Eurolights last time as the "euro" police are clamping down. There is a little marker in the middle of your headlight to help you position them.

Thanks for the replies. I have a set of Halfords own make for this trip, but will be tempted to go for the gaffer or insulation tape in the future.

I know the Gendarmes can be pretty hot on Brit cars, so don't want to antagonise them :fear::fear:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links