Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chroming Brake Calipers

malpass

Want to chrome my brake calipers of Celica Gen6 (1995).

First question, what metal are they, just cast steel?

Second is, where the heck does it? Cant find anywhere that does chroming local at all, live in stoke-on-trent.

Third, will it be OK to chrome calipers? I have been told to look at silver zinc electroplating but mixed opinions that they would look no where near the same and only last weeks before dulling, is that true?

Has anyone done theres and have any pictures?

before you get them chromed i would do a bit of research as i think to do it they have to be dipped which will more than likely wreck your seals an i dont think you can get brake seal kits anymore,the only other way is if you have them polished maybe get them blasted first an highly polished but seems like a lot of hard work in my opinion havent you thought about getting them painted instead?

• 3 weeks later...

do a google search on Bigg Red brakes - they refurb calipers and do diffferent finishes such as gold or silver electroplating.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links