Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corrolla Verso 2009 : Cold Air Blowing From Heating Vents

KEV-France-Corrolla-Verso

Good day to you all. I am new to this Forum.

I am English living in the South of France. I have just purchased my first Toyota.

It is the 2008/9 version of what is called in France the Toyota Corrola Verso (136hp, 7 saqets Limited Edition) : the last production of the outgoing Toyota Urban Cruiser as it appears to be called in the UK.

My problem is the heating system: this is the only car in 40 years of driving that blows out cold air when I have the heating set to 20°C ( 68°F) . As I came through the mountains in the middle of France and the outside temperature dropped by a few degrees C, it blew out more and more cold air.

Apparently the system sucks in cold air from outside...

I have a dual electronically controlled system and I was using automatic (not the "closed circulation of air but the normal) without air-conditioning on.

Any help would be appreciated: or will I be obliged to sell my car before I FREEZE to death or catch deathly flue ?

I have owned Renaults, Fords, VWs and never have I had this happen.

The car is two weeks old with 3400 km (2 110 miles) on the clock. I had it looked at in Lille before driving down South..but they said there was no problem !

If one pushes up the heating to 24 / 25 °C some heat seems to arrive.

Is all of this NORMAL ?

Advice, help or suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Kevin in France :(

Hmm. I think you'll find that the Urban Cruiser is a brand new model which does not arrive here until May.

Any doubt's about what it looks like, try having a look at the photos on the other threads here.

Why not post your question in the Verso forum ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links