Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gt4 St205 Steering Problem

RichBate1988

Hi Guys..

As the title says, I've got a problem with my steering. About 3 months ago, when the UK was attacked by Snow and Ice.. i had a bit of a bump with a curb.. This resulted in a unrepairable Wheel.

I've since bought a new set of wheels for my Celica.. but I'm having a bit of a problem with the steering now.

The steering wheel is now angled slightly to the left now when you want the car to go strait. You can also see that the front left wheel (The one replacing the one that was damaged) is now pointing/toeing inwards SLIGHTLY.

Also, when i break heavily, the steering wheel seems to straiten out.. or at least move.. i don't know if this is anything to do with it? Some people say that is the Ball Joint that is bent.. some people say its the breaks.

Anyone have an idea what i should do? I'm selling it soon and i need to get it all fixed and done up for the new owner.

Thanks allot for you help in advance.

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Guys..

As the title says, I've got a problem with my steering. About 3 months ago, when the UK was attacked by Snow and Ice.. i had a bit of a bump with a curb.. This resulted in a unrepairable Wheel.

I've since bought a new set of wheels for my Celica.. but I'm having a bit of a problem with the steering now.

The steering wheel is now angled slightly to the left now when you want the car to go strait. You can also see that the front left wheel (The one replacing the one that was damaged) is now pointing/toeing inwards SLIGHTLY.

Also, when i break heavily, the steering wheel seems to straiten out.. or at least move.. i don't know if this is anything to do with it? Some people say that is the Ball Joint that is bent.. some people say its the breaks.

Anyone have an idea what i should do? I'm selling it soon and i need to get it all fixed and done up for the new owner.

Thanks allot for you help in advance.

Best Regards,

Rich

Sounds like you have knocked the tracking out of alignment. This could be a damaged steering arm, coming out of the rack or even a damaged rack. At the least you need to get the tracking checked.

Celica ST205 (1993-1999) GT4 with 3S-GTE engine

Near Side (L) Track Rod End Genuine Toyota

Part number: 45047-29085

Price: £52.88 + £7.93 vat each

at TCB.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links