Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica 6th Gen Problems - Please Help!

polemarch

Hi all, I have a weird problem that has crippled my Celica 6th gen cabriolet and would appreciate any advise you could give. The problem all started with the Battery, it now appears that it was faulty. I couldn't start the car as it was flat so re-charged overnight, reconnected and then flash. The Battery is dead (checked on multimeter). I then got the Battery exchanged under warranty, connected up and then tested. As soon as I turned on the igniotion (1 click) the starter motor kicked in, very weird. Engine started but the starter motor continued and will not switch off. On top of this at exactly the same time it killed off my electric windows, they are now inoperable.

Any ideas as I have absolutely no idea where to go from here and I know from experience that auto-electricians can charge a fortune for the simplest of things.

regards

start at the simplest point - check all fuses - the celica has 3 fuse boxes iirc. so check em all . if the starter did that it sounds to me like the pre engaged solonoid is jammed open and wont return . id personally take off the starter and test it off the car using a 12v charger or Battery . windows could be either a fuse as mentioned or a relay - again find out which is which and test them .

start at the simplest point - check all fuses - the celica has 3 fuse boxes iirc. so check em all . if the starter did that it sounds to me like the pre engaged solonoid is jammed open and wont return . id personally take off the starter and test it off the car using a 12v charger or battery . windows could be either a fuse as mentioned or a relay - again find out which is which and test them .

Hi, thanks for that. Don't suppose you know where the three fuse boxes are?? Only found one so far!

2 under bonnet , i think the 3rd is to the right and under the steering wheel

2 under bonnet , i think the 3rd is to the right and under the steering wheel

Thank for that. I've swapped a blown alternator fuse in the front fuse box and now thwe windows work as normal? Just the starter motor left to do. My local garage say they can sort that out but that I need to locate a recplacement relay. Any idea where the starter motor relay is? On the motor on in the fuse box(s)?

thanks

its in the fuse box .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links