Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Leak

VSD

Hey all,

After a full day raining, once in my car after work i found a few drops on the passenger's carpet. Seems the water leaked from the rubber seal on the lower end of the door. Called Toyota & they promptly invited me to pay a visit for a full water test & checks...... fingers cossed :thumbsup:

Hey all,

After a full day raining, once in my car after work i found a few drops on the passenger's carpet. Seems the water leaked from the rubber seal on the lower end of the door. Called Toyota & they promptly invited me to pay a visit for a full water test & checks...... fingers cossed :thumbsup:

Seems to be very common :unsure:

Thankfully, I've not noticed a drop inside mine. :yahoo:

Been to Toyota today & after analysing the rubber packing they advised me that all door seals will be replaced + additional seals on the top part of the back doors.

Been to Toyota today & after analysing the rubber packing they advised me that all door seals will be replaced + additional seals on the top part of the back doors.

Fingers crossed then :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, next monday will have my Aygo @TOYOTA for a full rubber seal replacement. In the meantime i was notified that i will also have the glove-box lid replaced. I never mentioned it to them but they said an upgraded version is available & they will replace my present one. I never had any issues with it but its nice to know that such things are practiced. I think toyota here show how professional they are!!

Keep it up Mr.T!!

Heeey!

I too have the problem of water leaking in to my drivers side from the top front corner of my door seal! Phoned my toyota dealer and they said 'oh are you sure it isn't when you shut the door and the rain gets in' I said no, as it isn't. The problem only seems to occur once I have started driving in the rain! Then it drips and drips. Anyway, I got the feeling he didn't believe me but told me to come in and he would have the parts waiting for me.

Went in and sat waiting for one and a half hours. Another sales man came back to me and said they had shot a jet of water at the door, and couldn't find a problem. I insisted that I promise I wouldn't drive all that way for it if I thought it was ok! (New car = should be no problems). He said eventually that as I insisted he would therefore order me a new seal but I have to go back (Friday now). I feel really let down that they didn't belive me, as both men I spoke to commented on the same point...are you sure it's not the rain as you get in???? I don't know whether it's because I am a girl and 21 or whatever but I wouldn't lie when I have spent a fortune on a brand new car!

Sorry, had to rant!

Hope it get's sorted on Friday as petrol is costing me a fortune!

x

Hi

The first time there was water inside my aygo, I couldn't believe until I read the foruns. But the people that work at Toyota's garage never said it wasn't. They didn't lied to me with false excuses.

If you saw water inside so it certainly rained inside the car. If they don't believe you copy these messages in this forum and show them as a proof there are more people with the same problem: water leaks. Don't let them make fool of you.

good luck ;)

Hi

The first time there was water inside my aygo, I couldn't believe until I read the foruns. But the people that work at Toyota's garage never said it wasn't. They didn't lied to me with false excuses.

If you saw water inside so it certainly rained inside the car. If they don't believe you copy these messages in this forum and show them as a proof there are more people with the same problem: water leaks. Don't let them make fool of you.

good luck ;)

I perfectly agree with mela.....TOYOTA in malta immediately changed all seals + added weather strips which will also help to eliminate water comin inside once u open the doors after a heavy rain.

• 1 month later...

My 07 Aygo had the same problem. I noticed after a lot of rainfall (which in England you can't really get away from) my passenger foot well had a puddle! I immediately booked my Aygo in at my local Toyota garage. Still under warranty or whatever it is called they fixed the problem for free (their manufacturers fault not mine), made my car all better and I got some freebies =]

Turned out some Aygos didn't have some kind of part underneath the car completely sealed or something. Now I don't have that problem anymore. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links