Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smiling Speed Thingys..

Jimlad

On my way home from my freinds house this evening I saw some yellow sign smiling at me and telling me I was going 24mph.

Now WTF is all that about.... I saw it make a sad face at a few other peeps.

Aye, ive seen them. I think it smiles if you're within the speed limit and it gives you a grim smile if over the limit...........

Just abit of money the government had lying about!! <_<

Lee

I've seen these .. the main problem is you get the high score of 96 mph in the 30 zone .. and you can't enter you initials .. :(

Be okay if it put your plate reg up .. as for me they are one and the same :thumbsup:

I got one of those smiley faces.

It scared the ******* out of me - I hadn't a clue what was going on!!! I thought I had driven back in time to the Acid House era for a second.

do these things actually record any details or are they there fore the the crack of it?

I've seen these .. the main problem is you get the high score of 96 mph in the 30 zone .. and you can't enter you initials .. 

Thing is just like Ben sed, i can actually see people trying to get a high score on these... to tell the truth i'd prolly do the same thing... scary i know but i can see these causinga fair few speeding accidents. Well until u get cops sat under em to bust people.

-Z

I wanna go through a speed camera sideways .. so neither plate is showing .. but I'll be leaning out the T-bar waving at the camera :thumbsup:

I wanna go through a speed camera sideways .. so neither plate is showing .. but I'll be leaning out the T-bar waving at the camera :thumbsup:

Man your crazy! B)

But thats a pic I would like to see :D

problem is I'm not is an inconspicious car .. they know me round here ..

wanna go through a speed camera sideways .. so neither plate is showing .. but I'll be leaning out the T-bar waving at the camera 

That would be awsome :D

rofl

(me like that idea very much :thumbsup: )

-Z

I've seen these .. the main problem is you get the high score of 96 mph in the 30 zone .. and you can't enter you initials .. :(

Be okay if it put your plate reg up .. as for me they are one and the same :thumbsup:

lmao !

Wow!!! I want a go with one :D

Do whacky races.. who can get the fastest using a daft mode of transport, i.e. shopping trolley, wheel barrow, bmw... etc etc...

Where's my nearest one :D

u cannot be prosecuted unless they have ur reg. so if ur sideways and no cops around ur away like bikers get away with forward facin cameras

It scared the ******* out of me - I hadn't a clue what was going on!!! I thought I had driven back in time to the Acid House era for a second.

flashback city!!

acieeeeeeeeed!

p. dont do drugs :D

The cameras are called SID, they are not used for enforcement, they are only put

up in places where speeding is a regular occurance, in an effort to get motorists aware of their speed, as you know if you are driving correctly you get a smiley face. some people however deliberatley go faster.

some times these cameras are given to residents, who are always complaining to the police about boy racers. Then they will use them for 1 week before returning them.

...as you know if you are driving correctly you get a smiley face....

But isn't that what your speedo is for? (to tell me my correct speed).

It does make you wonder just what land people in Govt. live in. People speed because they have no regard for the law, not because they can't read thier speedo.

People speed because they have no regard for the law, not because they can't read thier speedo.

hehe

"what we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law"....... gotta listen to the prodigy now!!!

:lol: Respec my authoritaaa!

I wouldn't mind though, but it's my money that's paying for all those useless signs (and everyone else's as well) and I'm sure these things don't come cheap.

"Their Law."

YOU KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, KNOWLSON!!!

Even though that's a tune about raving, still.

I have had three copies of that album and manage to lose it every single time :(

Need to go and buy my fourth!

And I agree - Money spent putting these stupid signs up could be better spent fixing some of the many effing potholes on our roads.

"Their Law."

YOU KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, KNOWLSON!!!

Even though that's a tune about raving, still.

It's a top class tune!!!!!!

I also dont have the album mate I have had 2 copies,no idea where they went :lol: there must be a weird prodigy black hole where all the cd's go :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was listening to that the other day!!!!!!!!

The voooodooo how do what you don't dare dooo people :D

I wanna go through a speed camera sideways .. so neither plate is showing .. but I'll be leaning out the T-bar waving at the camera

Me my bro and a couplo mates had a moment of madness when we were bored last summer. We grabbed our dads carina, covered up the plates and zoomed past a local speed camera with me out the sunroof with a mask of W.Bush stickin up fingers at the camera :rolleyes:

The worst part was I then thought "wouldnt it be a !Removed! if coppers seen us right now?"

Sods law... Polica van came up the lane opposite flashing its high beams at our antics. We had do dive into a side street and hid, crapping it, in a lane for over an hour before emerging. :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links