Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 St185 Boost Gauge

ollyt86

Hi everyone,

You will have to bear with me as i'm not exactly an expert on modding.....

I have just bought a boost gauge as I am interested in what kind of pressure am making, and maybe upping the boost soon. I think that I have to link it up to a vacuum pipe that comes out of inlet manifold ( please let me know if this is wrong ) but I am not sure which pipes are which. I don't want to screw the thing up as it look very complicated! If anyone has done this before some advice on which pipe to link it to would be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

cheers

olly

hi

if you open your bonnet an look at the left hand side of the inlet manifold where the accelerater cable is there are 2 pipes aiming downwards, i used 1 of those to t off, an there is a grommet not far from them where you can feed the pipe through to connect the boost gauge to, im sure someone will be along with some pictures in a bit to help if not i will try an upload some for you

Hi,

thanks very much guys got it set up and it working fine. Just need to finish off placing it where I want it tommorow. Am gettin readings between 8-11 psi in high gears does this sound about right? Am thinking of getting a boost controller/actuator to up the boost any suggestions.

thanks again for your help

olly

mine is a bar boost gauge but im after a psi 1,

iv put a boost controller on mine, but also had to buy the fcd as i was hitting the fuel limiter all the time

the fuel cut is there for a reason, there is no map beyond those values and the ecu has to 'guess' about fueling and ignition. if you have fuel cut then its time for a mappable ecu!

as for boost controller get an electronic one and have it set up on a rolling road. it may cost a bit more bt works out cheaper than an engine rebuild.

im taking engine out soon anyway, an the fcd is adjustable its just a matter of setting it up to where you want it

want steel head gasket an possible head skim an pistons lathed, new timing belt water pump an clutch also hopefully get nos but wanna find out if it can be used in a lpg donut tank (spare wheel tank) in the boot instead of usual nos tanks

if your going down the nos route then i hope you have budgeted a mappable ECU of some sort or else you'll be pricing an new engine shortly after

im having a word with a bloke about it all when he comes on tuesday to our workplace an he can sort all that bit out whilst i do the fun bit :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links