Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

55 Xtr Style Pack

Notebook

Hi

Passed another rav today and about an hour later, suddenly made me think. ( No Jokes )

Mine has a style pack and the bumper bit at the front has a shiny aluminium? grill with rav4 written on it, and the bottom part of it is just plastic. Not sure if the car I saw today had a shiny lower bit to it also.

Anyone help me on this as its driving me crazy...

should the lower bit have a shiny cover also?

Thanks

Mine has a shiny chrome bottom bit. ^_^

I believe you can get an ointment for that ;)

Mine has a shiny chrome bottom bit. ^_^

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Have you a pic?

As both of these members have shown these pics before I don't think they will mind me showing you again.......

Robert;

Robert-1.jpg

Hoovie;

Hoovie-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics

I wonder if its possible to purchase the bottom bit?

quicker than google that reply!!!!

parts king about?

As stated already, the bottom chrome bit is an extra on the extra (recall asking Parts King about this).

Just an extra comment on this ... the bottom part is just stuck on with double-sided tape and on mine, I found it was starting to come lose and only supported by the middle bit, so I secured with a pop-rivet in each corner - in the pic you can just make that out, in fact.

Might be worth considering that (or a self-taping screw instead if not got a rivetter) for extra security?

As stated already, the bottom chrome bit is an extra on the extra (recall asking Parts King about this).

Just an extra comment on this ... the bottom part is just stuck on with double-sided tape and on mine, I found it was starting to come lose and only supported by the middle bit, so I secured with a pop-rivet in each corner - in the pic you can just make that out, in fact.

Might be worth considering that (or a self-taping screw instead if not got a rivetter) for extra security?

my old man has a riveter - dont rust do they?

not really - because the rivet is so tight against the trim, there is nowhere for water to lie under and make that horrible rusty streak you see with screws.

Just went to have a look at mine and still looks same as when I did it some time last year (or year before?)

Most DIY pop-rivets are aluminium and will corrode eventually but it takes a long time in plastic. If you shop around you should be able to find stainless steel ones but probably not worth it.

By the by, I have a spare upper chrome trim [the bit that has RAV4 on it] for the front guard of the 4.3 RAV if anyone has lost theirs. PM me if you need one.

Most DIY pop-rivets are aluminium and will corrode eventually but it takes a long time in plastic. If you shop around you should be able to find stainless steel ones but probably not worth it.

By the by, I have a spare upper chrome trim [the bit that has RAV4 on it] for the front guard of the 4.3 RAV if anyone has lost theirs. PM me if you need one.

any ideas on the cost of the lower one?

any ideas on the cost of the lower one?

Sorry, that's one for Kingo unless anyone else has bought one recently?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links