Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Required Please

jamie1876

Hi all,

I am new member to this forum but reguarly read as a guest.

I own a 1.8 VVTL-i T sport celica (05 Reg)

Recently when i take my foot off the accelerator i can hear a "metal whirring" noise (Sorry about the poor description but no other way of really explaining it) coming from what i think is either the front right side of my car or the back right (drivers side).

I do not think this is the start of a bearing problem as i have checked all the wheels and the all seem fine. I got my car serviced in March and they told me that my brake pads and brake discs on both front and back were advisory as they were corroded. Could the bad corrosion on the brake discs be causing this noise or can anybody suggest anything else that it may be?

It can only be heard when i take my foot off the accelerator, cannot hear it when putting foot down or braking.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

may be advisable to check your inner edges on the tyres, sometimes the tyres can go out of shape, this makes a similar sound to when a wheel bearing is on its way out

may be advisable to check your inner edges on the tyres, sometimes the tyres can go out of shape, this makes a similar sound to when a wheel bearing is on its way out

Sorry i should have also said, the tyres have been recently changed, noise started before i changed tyres.

Have you checked discs & Pads

it could be the pads are worn down to metal causing noise as they would rattle about and do more damage to discs if not changed.

Cheers

Keith

Have you checked discs & Pads

it could be the pads are worn down to metal causing noise as they would rattle about and do more damage to discs if not changed.

Cheers

Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

I havent checked the discs or pads but the car is booked in to have both the pads and discs done next week as i have my MOT shortly.

To be honest with you i dont know a great deal about cars, if the pads were worn right down to metal would I not hear this upon braking, its just that when i brake the now everything seems fine.

I am actually hoping that it is the brakes as that way when i get them fixed then the noise will stop, what worrys me is that it may be something else on top of the brakes and i will have to fork out more at a garage to get it looked at, that i why i have asked for suggestions on here.

Jamie

Hi Jamie

pads may still have a bit off liner on them so you may not hear noise when braking.

When pads are not under pressure they could rattle / flop about a bit and catch metal to metal on disc.

just a possibility but I would suggest this is probably the problem,but you will find this out as they are replaced.

Cheers

Keith

Hi Jamie

pads may still have a bit off liner on them so you may not hear noise when braking.

When pads are not under pressure they could rattle / flop about a bit and catch metal to metal on disc.

just a possibility but I would suggest this is probably the problem,but you will find this out as they are replaced.

Cheers

Keith

Thanks for the help Keith. Fingers crossed that once i get the pads and discs done then that solves the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links