Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Won't Start

Bass:)

I have been reading with interest the topics about the Yaris 1.0 vvti's that won't start, the engine turn's but not firing.

I have had exactly the same problem with my Yaris, 2000 model 1.0 vvti.

But mine has just got worse and i wonder if anyone else has had this problem too?

It started just the same as the others, Engine turning over but not firing, floor the accelerator for a bit and try again and it fires, (first couple of times it happened were after washing it). I checked all plugs etc.. It was an intermittent problem, the RAC man who came out said my Battery was about 80% efficient after i left the lights on and the Battery went flat (that's another story) .

Last week i changed the Battery for a new one before going on holiday hoping not to have the same fault whilst away. after a couple of journeys with no problems the battery went flat on me (no lights left on, nothing) Got a jump from a spare one and started first time. This did this 3 times in one day.

Checking the battery with a tester you could see the volts dropping, so some where there was a power drain when the ignition was off.

Took it to the garage today and they confirmed that there was a drain from the fuel pump/injector area, but they are unable to track it dopwn, (take out a relay on the fuel system and it doesn't drain battery).

The car is now booked into a Toyota dealer at the end of the month, untill then i have to dissconnect the battery when ever i stop the car :(.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links