Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Injector Cleaner

IanXT4

Hi all

I have just personally completed a full service on my Petrol 4.2 and I am wondering, should I bother with dosing the petrol with injector cleaner.

Some garages routinely use it at services and I would appreciate some opinions, does it really work, if so what make would you recommend ?

Or is it really good old fashion "Snake oil" sold for a fast Buck and should be considered in the same way as the "miracle" oil additives.

I am very interested to hear peoples opinions :rolleyes:

Thanks

Ian

I've always been very sceptical about additives - particularly when it comes to oil but I have to eat humble pie a bit with petrol injector cleaner!

I had a pain in the butt problem with intermittant misfire on a 1.4 Corolla that belonged to a friend of mine. I called around my local indi which is owned by a couple of mates to see if they could put it on a Sun tester. They insisted on adding a bottle of Wynns injector cleaner and after me messing around with it for days, their injector cleaner cured it almost instantly.

It does seem to work and even if you don't have specific problem it won't hurt. In this case don't expect miracles!

I had a pain in the butt problem

Nurse, this could be serious!!!! :doctor:

Hi all

I have just personally completed a full service on my Petrol 4.2 and I am wondering, should I bother with dosing the petrol with injector cleaner.

Some garages routinely use it at services and I would appreciate some opinions, does it really work, if so what make would you recommend ?

Or is it really good old fashion "Snake oil" sold for a fast Buck and should be considered in the same way as the "miracle" oil additives.

Thanks

Ian

I always wonder why the manufacturers do not call for injector cleaner as part of their routine service schedule?

I too have to admit to using RedX petrol additive in the past to "help" keep the engine clean.

I have no real proof if it works, but really think if it were essential that the manufacturers would call for it in their schedules.

Hi all

Thanks

Ian

I always wonder why the manufacturers do not call for injector cleaner as part of their routine service schedule?

I too have to admit to using RedX petrol additive in the past to "help" keep the engine clean.

I have no real proof if it works, but really think if it were essential that the manufacturers would call for it in their schedules.

Thats another old cookie I had committed to the deep (is that a saying??? :wacko: ) - I wonder of red-x is a way of stopping EGR valves from clogging?

I wond...e........r

:yawn:

Hey Fuj' - you been on nights again?

Is this subject boring you???

;) :yawn:

I have just booked my RAV in for a service (Diesel) and they informed me it is an intermediate service and only takes an hour. But they told me they also recommend a flush of the system but it’s not part of the service schedule any idea what they are talking about.

Yes :crybaby: :(

No :no:

Parts of it I find very funny :P :D :lol:

Talking of parts, how is the pain? Can you sit down properly yet? :flowers:

Yes :crybaby: :(

No :no:

Parts of it I find very funny :P :D :lol:

Talking of parts, how is the pain? Can you sit down properly yet? :flowers:

Maybe he needs to 'flush his system' :eek:

I can tell you abottle of Wynns injector cleaner works wonders!!!

I thought it was Double Diamond that did that B)

I thought it was Double Diamond that did that B)

Oh aye that works too but it is applied in a slightly different manner!

Mr T routinely added injector cleaner to mine at service time. I have always used it when servicing my cars. It works well.

I used to love watching the smoke pour out of the old card systems after pouring a little net redex into the carb. It is useful for keeping carbon down too saves having to do old fashioned decokes. Yes I do remember doing them. :thumbsup:

Anchorman; you can oils for a pain in the bum. Go talk to your chemist. You get a better deal if they are full of people and you speak clearly though. Don't bother with cream it leaves stains. :lol:

Man goes into a chemist in Barnsley and asks..Does tha do ars* cream? Chemist replies, aye we do, does tha want a cornetto or a mivvi? :lol: :shutit:

Man goes into a chemist in Barnsley and asks..Does tha do ars* cream? Chemist replies, aye we do, does tha want a cornetto or a mivvi? :lol: :shutit:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nice one LH :thumbsup:

I have just booked my RAV in for a service (Diesel) and they informed me it is an intermediate service and only takes an hour. But they told me they also recommend a flush of the system but it’s not part of the service schedule any idea what they are talking about.

They are probably talking about an engine oil flush, google Forte which is a product used by the trade. It is supposed to be trade only but its easily available on flea bay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links