Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Tr/sr 2.0 D-4d - Difference?

Paulq

My other half and I saw a58 plate SR180 earlier which she loved but realistically she just doesn't need all that power. Instead we are maybe looking at either the 2.0 D-4D SR or the TR but I don't know what the difference os between the 2?

Can anyone enlighten me and also give a view whether there are any known issues with either model and which would be the better buy?

Cheers

Paul

My other half and I saw a58 plate SR180 earlier which she loved but realistically she just doesn't need all that power. Instead we are maybe looking at either the 2.0 D-4D SR or the TR but I don't know what the difference os between the 2?

Can anyone enlighten me and also give a view whether there are any known issues with either model and which would be the better buy?

Cheers

Paul

The SR looks almost the same as the SR180 but has a 1.6 petrol or 2.0 diesel engine and can't be had in the colour white for some reason?. like you say it would probably suit your partners needs better - less power more mpg - but retaining the looks, unfortunately they don't make them any more but you can get a 08 - 58 plate one at a pretty good price. I had a 2.0D SR and it was a really nice car and looked really good. God knows why Toyota stopped making the SR model :ffs: the diesel is faster and gets better mpg than the petrol version.

As for the TR I've not got a clue so will let someone else answer that part for you.

Thanks very much for that info it@s helpful and backs up what I thought in that the SR is a nice car in its own right> Would still welcome some advice on the TR though and the differences between that and the SR?

Cheers

Paul

I've got a 58 plate 1.6 petrol SR. I'm pleased with it, suffered early on from the well documented brake squeal, but had that fixed and other than a few rattles that I'm gradually getting on top of, I've had 13k of happy driving so far.

The TR grade is basically a T3 with the addition of scuff plates and the silver chrome detailing on the rear.

The SR grade is a T3 with (slightly) lowered suspension, tinted rear glass, 17" pitlane alloys and rear spoiler.

So the main difference is a refined look on the TR, and a sporty look on the SR.

Thanks again for that. Having looked at a few models I do think that the SR is the sportier looking model which is what she really wants.

In general terms, other than the well documented brake squeal are there any other general problems with the Auris or' essential' recalls that I need to make sure have been looked after?

I previously had an 05 plate Corolla 1.4 D-4d and loved it as it was bombproof - is the Auris as good a car?

Cheers

Paul

There was a recall related to the steering column that I had carried out on mine, but I believe that was non-critical and only affected a small number of vehicles.

My Auris is my 4th consecutive Toyota, and I only changed from my 56 plate Corolla SR as I was offered a very good 0% finance deal from my local dealer. I was very happy with the facelifted Corolla, but overall I think I'm pleased that I made the change. At the end of the day I do fairly high miles (18-20k a year), and I want a car that doesn't cause me any problems, and with the Corollas and now the Auris, that's exactly what I've got.

We have had a 2.0 d4d Auris SR 3dr in Black since Feb. We have covered about 5500 miles in it now and absolutely love it. It looks absolutely fantastic, especially being a 3 door, virtually identical to to the SR180 but with IMHO better alloys (sorry 180 owners!). We, like everyone else, had brake squeal which has now been sorted.

I really enjoy driving it and being the 2.0 engine we get really good economy. Got an average of 57mpg driving from Exeter to London once (admittedly driving at between 65-70!)

Thoroughly recommended if you can get hold of one!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The difference between the TR and SR as far as I recall are ....

SR has, 17" Toyota Motorsport wheels, Toyota Motorsport rear spoiler, privacy glass in rear.

TR has chrome trim on bootlid which SR doesn't have.

Think the factory price for the SR was @ £1000 more than the TR

I've had a SR 2.0 D4D since Nov 08 and am really rather pleased with it :D

Happy hunting.

I would have like the Spoiler but I am happy with the 2.0 T3 for which the higher profile tires are cheaper (edge ware is an issue, controllable with higher pressures but still an issue with front heavy cars)

i used to own a own a colt cz3 and the back window was forever getting dirt more than the auris

i have noticed that the rear breaks seem to let alot of break dust out has anyone else noticed this ???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links