Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grounding Kits

GTi maker

You car already has them .. Every car has them.

If they are old an knackered they'll need replacing.

If they are working fine, they don't.

Adding more does nothing but lighten your wallet.

Bibbs is correct.

If you are worried, remove all yout current earths, clean the connections and check the cable resistances.

I assumed they were talking about the little rubber strips that touches the road to stop you from getting lecky shocks!

I assumed they were talking about the little rubber strips that touches the road to stop you from getting lecky shocks!

An earth strap?

Nah, the grounding kit is the expensive cable spider you attach to your Battery .. usually with an HKS or A'Pexi Badge on it.

Now I'll pitch in and say, on certain cars, a grounding kit does in fact make a difference. Although whilst saying this the make and model of car must have been identified as actually needing such a kit.

My 350Z was identified as such a model that was rather lacking in earthing points so I fitted a tailor made kit and it really did make a difference to the running and the tick over. When idling the car was slightly lumpy before I fitted the kit but after it was very good. It took me just over an hour to fit the 6 or 7 cables around the engine and body on the specified points so I guess most other cars would be just as easy.

Fitting a kit will not cause any harm but unless it is really needed I would not bother.

Now I'll pitch in and say, on certain cars, a grounding kit does in fact make a difference. Although whilst saying this the make and model of car must have been identified as actually needing such a kit.

You then go on to mention a Nissan. So I'll take your point it did make a difference there.

But that'll go down to the wonderful Nissan build quality. :lol:

They joined up with Renault to improve their reliability ;)

You then go on to mention a Nissan. So I'll take your point it did make a difference there.

But that'll go down to the wonderful Nissan build quality. :lol:

They joined up with Renault to improve their reliability ;)

You are of course entitled to your opinion but I suggest you talk from a position of little knowledge :huh: The 350Z ran very well and was ultra reliable with the greatest of smile factors of many cars on the road, I am sorry to say that Toyota do not currently manufacture a car to match the Z :( I am not going to get into an online debate here other than to say what I have said but I am sorry that you decide to knock a car that I am sure you would be most happy to own :yes: I loved it but like virtually every car there will be a slight fault somewhere or something that can be improved even if slightly. The earthing factor was one such issue that was easily and cheaply corrected, I know as I did it.

Now if one of the Toyota models needs such a kit then that will not make it a bad car, just one that needs a slight enhancement :)

Bibbs, if you wish to go on further to slate a car that is factually a very good one then fine but please give criticism from a position of knowledge :huh:

350z was a massive improvement over the 80s Nissans like the 300zx. Bit suffered the usual problems, eletrical gremlins mainly.

The car is a little over weight like most modern cars and underpowered for it's engine size, especially when 100bhp per litre is common place amongst m3s and caymens.

Bit plasticy inside and a lot of road and tyre noise.

I am not saying Toyota are better, far from it. Mr T doesn't have either a 350z or a gtr in their lineup. Honda has bailed out of the performance market too with no nsx replacement and the s2000 going this year.

I have no real comment about modern toyota reliability, having not owned one. Nothing takes my fancy.

But are you honestly saying that having a car new that needs agrounding kit is acceptable? I don't.

But agree that should be another topic :)

350z was a massive improvement over the 80s Nissans like the 300zx. Bit suffered the usual problems, eletrical gremlins mainly.

The car is a little over weight like most modern cars and underpowered for it's engine size, especially when 100bhp per litre is common place amongst m3s and caymens.

Bit plasticy inside and a lot of road and tyre noise.

I am not saying Toyota are better, far from it. Mr T doesn't have either a 350z or a gtr in their lineup. Honda has bailed out of the performance market too with no nsx replacement and the s2000 going this year.

I have no real comment about modern toyota reliability, having not owned one. Nothing takes my fancy.

But are you honestly saying that having a car new that needs agrounding kit is acceptable? I don't.

But agree that should be another topic :)

But the grounding kit isn't a massivly important thing is it? Id understand if it it was a top spec beemer that had no radio, thats unacceptable!

And many cars have plasticy interiors, partly because they are made of plastic, but mainly because Nissan weren't focussing on comfort, they were trying to build a sports car. Not an exec saloon with comfort and high interior quality. Its about the driving experiance, not the travelling if that makes sense.

Grounding is VERY important and some car makers should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of earthing they have on some of their brand new cars.

Most cars are earthed well but i think a grounding kit is essential if your car is a bit poor on the grounding front.

understand if it it was a top spec beemer that had no radio, thats unacceptable!

Try telling that to the guys that bought an M3 CSL ;)

Pay £20k extra for an M3 with about 4 more torques and 10 more horsepowers, no aircon, no stereo, no HID lights and tyres that you can only use in the dry and it its not too chilly.

Nice induction setup and aero package though ;)

understand if it it was a top spec beemer that had no radio, thats unacceptable!

Try telling that to the guys that bought an M3 CSL ;)

Pay £20k extra for an M3 with about 4 more torques and 10 more horsepowers, no aircon, no stereo, no HID lights and tyres that you can only use in the dry and it its not too chilly.

Nice induction setup and aero package though ;)

I knew someone would say that! I'm talking the exec saloons and stuff. An M3 needs to be light, hence the lack of the radio :rolleyes::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links