Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Readings

malone

I notice that the mpg reading will not go above 60. Am I alone or has anyone else had the same problem? My dealer seemed to think it should and promised to check with Toyota but I have not had a response yet.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I notice that the mpg reading will not go above 60. Am I alone or has anyone else had the same problem? My dealer seemed to think it should and promised to check with Toyota but I have not had a response yet.

Thanks,

Brian

Yep. 60 MPG is the Max. Mind you that's pretty good.

Thanks,

Brian

Many thanks for the confirmation, it is just surprising that the main Toyota dealer couldn't answer the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Brian

Many thanks for the confirmation, it is just surprising that the main Toyota dealer couldn't answer the question.

Just filled up tonight after doing 200 miles mostly around town. Getting around 50mpg computer says 55mpg. Very pleased with this just think what it would be on a long run. This is my first visit to the petrol station had the car over a month now. As you can see dont do that many miles in the car wife uses it for work and trips into town.

Thanks,

Brian

We have a Black iQ Auto, filled up yesterday. Light started flashing "Reserve" at 298 Miles. Calculated that we are getting around 50mpg, and that when the light came on, had around 3 litres left in the tank (32 litre capacity)

cheers,

Les

Thanks,

Brian

We have a Black iQ Auto, filled up yesterday. Light started flashing "Reserve" at 298 Miles. Calculated that we are getting around 50mpg, and that when the light came on, had around 3 litres left in the tank (32 litre capacity)

cheers,

Les

Did you fill it right up if so how many litres did you put in. I put in 18l after 200 miles had three blobs showing so on that score I should get 400 to the tank full.

Did you fill it right up if so how many litres did you put in. I put in 18l after 200 miles had three blobs showing so on that score I should get 400 to the tank full.

Do not trust "The Blobs" :lol: They have been proved wildly inaccurate beyond 200 miles. One blob = 109 miles (on mine), after a further 99 miles, two blobs. Then after only 30 miles more, two more dissapear at the same time ! Mine started flashing low fuel / one blob at 298 miles.

I then filled up to the brim....it took 29.40 litres, tank capacity 32.... = 2.6 litres remaining, or around 25 miles. So, I'd guess a safe range of 320 miles. ....but no-one's been brave enough to really test it to empty yet ;)

Most i have got is 320ish miles

I HAVE left it flashing on the last blob for 3 days before, and was using the car for those three days to get to work and back and other random journeys, at least 60 miles i reckon but still no warning beep to tell me that it was getting desperate! But i chickened out and filled her up.

But does anyone's mpg reading ever go above 60? I can get it reading up to 60 quite easily but never more, no matter how economically I am driving, which makes the meter rather pointless.

But does anyone's mpg reading ever go above 60? I can get it reading up to 60 quite easily but never more, no matter how economically I am driving, which makes the meter rather pointless.

None of them go beyond a 60mpg reading...its a known "feature" :lol: ...so of course, the average figures will be wrong on the display, hence me (and others) doing a manual calculation

None of them go beyond a 60mpg reading...its a known "feature" :lol: ...so of course, the average figures will be wrong on the display, hence me (and others) doing a manual calculation

Not sure what they use in Japan L/100 km like we do here in Denmark, or mpg. Also what about you UK'ers, do you use Imperial gallon, and is the iQ tuned for that or the US one?

My last fillerup was 4.5 L/100 km on the display, and my manual calculation was 4.56 L/100 km, so mine is very acurate, and it's been like that since I got it. I don't even look at the blobs anymore, I use reset my trip B computer every time, and then I know exactly how much I can do on a tank. Last tank was then 52.3 US mpg, and 62.7 Imperial mpg with mixed driving, mostly city driving. When I get out on the country roads, it's no problem doing more than 60 US mpg aswell. Have they really made a display that can't show how economic the car is? :)

Btw mine is the 1.4 D-4D, maybe the display is the reason you can't get the 1.4 D-4D in the UK? :)

Not sure what they use in Japan L/100 km like we do here in Denmark, or mpg. Also what about you UK'ers, do you use Imperial gallon, and is the iQ tuned for that or the US one?

My last fillerup was 4.5 L/100 km on the display, and my manual calculation was 4.56 L/100 km, so mine is very acurate, and it's been like that since I got it. I don't even look at the blobs anymore, I use reset my trip B computer every time, and then I know exactly how much I can do on a tank. Last tank was then 52.3 US mpg, and 62.7 Imperial mpg with mixed driving, mostly city driving. When I get out on the country roads, it's no problem doing more than 60 US mpg aswell. Have they really made a display that can't show how economic the car is? :)

Btw mine is the 1.4 D-4D, maybe the display is the reason you can't get the 1.4 D-4D in the UK? :)

The way I work it is like this... I know the tank will hold 7.1 gallons / 32 litres.. Im currently hovering around the 50mpg mark so that will equate to approx 350-360 miles from one tank.. My last blob is now blobbing and Ive so far done 280 miles so therefor I shall continue ignoring it till Ive reached the mid 300 mile mark. If I run out I know the IQ mpg gauge is pants after all.......

Well I drove around with the flashing blob till she reached 365 miles......I bottled it after that!! That makes it close on 70 miles on the blob by my calculations! Maybe I'll carry a can of petrol with me next time and drive till she grinds to a halt!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links