Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grrrr.....

dazwan

Can't believe it!

Had the 'new' car less than a week and already someone has driven into it in a car park leaving a huge scratch on the bumper as well as scrapes/scuff marks going around the corner. Obviously no sign of the car or a note.

I could rant about why there are so many useless drivers about but I'll just get wound up, I just hope they did more damage to their own car. 1 Car written off and the next car damaged by another careless driver within a fortnight! :ffs:

Hard luck dazwan - what a bummer - i hope you have much better luck with the new car from now on. Proper annoying though - you save up and work hard to have a new car and then this happens.

This makes my blood boil... I remember someone doing the same to my Supra, but had the cheak to still park next to me!!

Took photos/measurements and called the police and they weren't in the slightest interested. They soon showed interest when I said "thats ok, if it happens again i'll put all their windows in and let their tyres down"

Same thing hapened to me :censor: I always try to park as far from other cars as possible, but this particular day the carpark was full & when I returned I found a deep, sharp dink in the drivers door. My car is far from new, unlike yours, but 18 years on the road & it's first dink :ffs:

My car is relatively low & the dink was 1/2 way up the door where in my opinion the corner of the door of some 4x4 caught it severely. Nothing like that was beside me when I parked :(

You have my sympathy, Mate, & I hope you have better luck in the future :thumbsup:

My polo got keyed the week i bought the damn thing. I was livid. Heres hoping i have more luck with my Aygo

My polo got keyed the week i bought the damn thing. I was livid. Heres hoping i have more luck with my Aygo

I don't even want to think about something like that happening :(

My poor little Aygo better not get hurt!

Thats the good thing about the Aygo, stop at the store then put it in your rucksack and continue with the shopping :rolleyes:

Thank god in the many years owning my MR2 this has never happened to me. I am very specific about where I park my car. Bad luck dude.

I still spend extra time seeking out a space in a car park where it is impossible for anyone to park next to my car.

(In multistory car parks there are usually several "End" slots with wide concrete pillars between spaces)

My car cant get into multi stories!

lol.........I once put a small ding in a hire van....................(That would not go into a multi-storey either :rolleyes: :( )

It cost me £100 excess :crybaby:

Have got my first ding on my back bumper...in fact its made a tiny crack grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dont know how it got there but it must have been another car or supermarket trolley or something like that. It is soooooooooooo frustrating grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :censor:

I think that the moral of the stories is that there are more people out there who don't give a tinker's dam about your car [ specifically] & are not too careful with their own :censor:

There is no answer, it is all luck, good or bad :(

Think I told this story before but I was once walking through town and an oldish looking guy was parallel parking outside Woollies, he reversed in and totally shunted the car behind him and then, with no change of expression on his face pulled forward to straighten up and shunted the car in front. He then got out calmly and went shopping. I could not belive it.

Think I told this story before but I was once walking through town and an oldish looking guy was parallel parking outside Woollies, he reversed in and totally shunted the car behind him and then, with no change of expression on his face pulled forward to straighten up and shunted the car in front. He then got out calmly and went shopping. I could not belive it.

That is the "American" way of parking ;)

Suppose thats what 'bumpers' were made for back in the day. The front of my MR2 would not take such an impact!

Suppose thats what 'bumpers' were made for back in the day. The front of my MR2 would not take such an impact!

Totally right :( If they made Bumpers on cars now it would add to the cost & weight & they would lose the cash from replacing front & rear bits which are now universal :censor:

Having a towbar sticking out behind [ never used :D ] 1/2 protects you :thumbsup:

I was in Sainburys in Chesterfield and i watched an old boy in a Volvo 740 Saloon swing into a spot and he hit the number plate of the other car with the O/S/F corner of the Volvo. Then he hit it again before finally straitening up and getting out of the car. I cant remember what the other car was but there was damage all over the front! I told the people at the shop what had happened and i left a note on the damaged cars window. I felt like a right grass even though i was doing the right thing :lol:

I was in Sainburys in Chesterfield and i watched an old boy in a Volvo 740 Saloon swing into a spot and he hit the number plate of the other car with the O/S/F corner of the Volvo. Then he hit it again before finally straitening up and getting out of the car. I cant remember what the other car was but there was damage all over the front! I told the people at the shop what had happened and i left a note on the damaged cars window. I felt like a right grass even though i was doing the right thing :lol:

Oh.......It's OK.............It would not have damaged his Volvo :censor:

I still spend extra time seeking out a space in a car park where it is impossible for anyone to park next to my car.

(In multistory car parks there are usually several "End" slots with wide concrete pillars between spaces)

I do this, even more so now I have had the new paint job.....Dad thinks I am mad, but I told him to wait until he gets his new Yaris :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links