Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Tapping Sound - Pls Help

Hash

Hi im new to this forum as i have just got my Auris about 2 months ago. I have an Auris SR 1.6 and have been running it in quite well and have done about 650miles but last night coming home i could hear a strange tapping sound whilst driving. I can only hear it when the car takes off on 2nd gear and when my windows are open. It seems to increase faster and faster as i increase my speed and sounds like its coming from the side of my car, maybe the wheels?

So far ive checked my rims and tires as i first thought something like a pebble might be stuck in the tires and didnt find anything. However it doesnt sound like it could be a pebble :s.. What could it be??

Any help would be appreciated.. Thx

If it is the sound I think it is my opinion is a stone or something else is stuck on the tire(s) I had that sound before on my Saxo and I heard this last week on the Auris. Specially with hot weather tires tend to get sticky and its easy to grab something that can be there for quite a while but hey I can be wrong.

I hear it too from left back side of the car, its like someone is slapping the body. When i findout what it is i let u know.

Hi im new to this forum as i have just got my Auris about 2 months ago. I have an Auris SR 1.6 and have been running it in quite well and have done about 650miles but last night coming home i could hear a strange tapping sound whilst driving. I can only hear it when the car takes off on 2nd gear and when my windows are open. It seems to increase faster and faster as i increase my speed and sounds like its coming from the side of my car, maybe the wheels?

So far ive checked my rims and tires as i first thought something like a pebble might be stuck in the tires and didnt find anything. However it doesnt sound like it could be a pebble :s.. What could it be??

Any help would be appreciated.. Thx

If you take your wife out of the boot that should sort it . :rolleyes:

I hear it too from left back side of the car, its like someone is slapping the body. When i findout what it is i let u know.

crazy theory - could be fuel tank? I have that problem and I don't know how to solve it. Anyone?

Br

hahaha i doubt my wife has anything to do with it :P.. Anyways it turns out there was a large sharp pebbel stuck in my tires which was causing the sound.. All sorted now thx :)

hahaha i doubt my wife has anything to do with it :P.. Anyways it turns out there was a large sharp pebbel stuck in my tires which was causing the sound.. All sorted now thx :)

Told you so ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links