Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Mmt

pork_pie

Been driving the folks Aygo MMT which is a 56 plate. I have now noticed that when accelerating slowly, the car violenty jolts The the change from first to second has got worse with each change accompanied by a sudden jolt. Same from 2 to 3. The gears are fine in4th and 5th This never really happened before and am thinking that the gearbox is on the way out.Any ideas what price we are looking at?

we had this - its the actuator. the gearbox isn't a proper auto, the actuator changes gear for you. they replaced ours but it was a lot and under warranty...about 700 quid if i remember correctly but remember it was a warranty claim so not sure how that works.

before you panic ours does the jolt thing as well....you have to feather the throttle decelarating and be quite positive when accelerating. seems to smooth it a bit but agree...its crap and esp annoying when followed by a loud clatter

• 1 month later...
we had this - its the actuator. the gearbox isn't a proper auto, the actuator changes gear for you. they replaced ours but it was a lot and under warranty...about 700 quid if i remember correctly but remember it was a warranty claim so not sure how that works.

before you panic ours does the jolt thing as well....you have to feather the throttle decelarating and be quite positive when accelerating. seems to smooth it a bit but agree...its crap and esp annoying when followed by a loud clatter

I know this is a late reply but it could serve people who look.

I'm from Malta and also have an MMT. Mine is a 2006 production. We have short (very) trips and I notice that the car jolts quite a few times when decelerating and it changes from 2nd to 1st especially if going down a hill. I compensate for this by shifting it to Neutral and back again to Easy or Manual or I just let it gather some speed and then shift it to E or M. I'm more afraid of the engine moutnings bearing the grunt of the jolting.

I also think it jolts because of the wide gap in the ratio of the 1st and 2nd gears so the best thing to do is to drive more in Manual mode as the gearbox takes longer to shift to 1st from 2nd than when in Easy drive.

Hope this helps anyone looking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links