Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cat Problem

david j starkie

Our cat keeps climbing into the engine bay from under the car its driving me mad, how am i going to stop it, cos if it gets cooked or mashed up i

am going to be to blame. Every time i get in the car i have to check its not in their, its been sleeping on the air filter, it's covered in cat hair, any

sugggestions i know its funny and all that, but i don't want to hurt it.The mrs would kill me. :(

Taking for a spin down the motorway at 70+mph will stop it climbing in your car again.

i agree add some more cats eyes on the motorway :D

Taking for a spin down the motorway at 70+mph will stop it climbing in your car again.

I so want to do that but id never hear the end of it.

Get rid of the wife

Get rid of the wife

Thats more like it,not thought of that!

Try spraying the engine compartment with cat repelent , have a look in say , B&Q , and see whats available :thumbsup:

WE don't have a cat problem around here, to many Takeaways

I recall many years ago being called to a nearby town centre to unhook a cat from a car's engine pulleys.... sadly the cat did not survive but it did paint the engine bay a nice shade of red :rolleyes:

I am with Balli on this one.... get some spray repellent :yes:

Easiest way I find to make sure it not under there, is to just turn the key once quickly, making the starter motor move and make a nice noise. Cat craps itsself and runs.

My cul-de-sac is full of mogs and they get everywhere.

I recall many years ago being called to a nearby town centre to unhook a cat from a car's engine pulleys.... sadly the cat did not survive but it did paint the engine bay a nice shade of red :rolleyes:

I am with Balli on this one.... get some spray repellent :yes:

Ill have a look tomorrow, won't it make the cab smell ?

De-cat pipe???

Just honk the horn when you get in. it will soon shoot out and never go back!

Or get a car with a bigger engine so there is no room, and aerodynamic panneling underneath so there is no access ;)

Kill the Cat and get a replacement that looks similiar :lol: If it does the same engine thing repeat the cycle :P

Not a problem for those of us with the 2.2 177bhp diesel engine...

EngineCover.jpg

*gets coat*

Bit of a problem there, alright :(

Bamping the horn should do it, though neighbours might object. Cat repellent should do the trick & would probably need to be applied at intervals. Shouldn't stink out the interior. I had my exhaust go at the flange on the manifold & while I had a cloud of smoke coming out under the bonnet, none came in :P

If your cat can only find that place under the bonnet to find warmth & shelter, put in a cat flap in your house door, & it won't be long in preferring a comfy chair.

I have both, cat flap & comfy chair, from which I regularly have to evict my pair when I want to sit :lol:

Bit of a problem there, alright :(

Bamping the horn should do it, though neighbours might object. Cat repellent should do the trick & would probably need to be applied at intervals. Shouldn't stink out the interior. I had my exhaust go at the flange on the manifold & while I had a cloud of smoke coming out under the bonnet, none came in :P

If your cat can only find that place under the bonnet to find warmth & shelter, put in a cat flap in your house door, & it won't be long in preferring a comfy chair.

I have both, cat flap & comfy chair, from which I regularly have to evict my pair when I want to sit :lol:

Cat flap is an idea but the cat doesnt just do it at night, i think cos where i live we have alot of foxes, and this may be the rason its sheltering in the engine, when i start the car

it just stays put the other day i got out of the drive and the cat stayed in just meowed and cryed really loudly i thought that it wouldnt do it again but it did,when i lift the bonnet

i get a cloud of cat hair floating out its not nice, i just know this is going to end badly.It will be my fault cos she'll say you should have checked and then that'll be me

without my leg over for the next month :crybaby:

I seriously think, then, that a cat flap is the answer. My pair wander in & out at their pleasure, day & night :D

Foxes are certainly a problem, but if your cat gets used to having a safe haven in your house, I think your problem will be solved, & you might even get a fortnightly legover :lol2:

Cat flaps are not expensive. You can get dear ones which will only open in response to a magnet (?) on the cat's collar. You don't need that. Mine cost about Euro 15 & are easy to install if you have a Jigsaw.

Hope it all works out for you, your good lady & especially your cat :cheers:

I seriously think, then, that a cat flap is the answer. My pair wander in & out at their pleasure, day & night :D

Foxes are certainly a problem, but if your cat gets used to having a safe haven in your house, I think your problem will be solved, & you might even get a fortnightly legover :lol2:

Cat flaps are not expensive. You can get dear ones which will only open in response to a magnet (?) on the cat's collar. You don't need that. Mine cost about Euro 15 & are easy to install if you have a Jigsaw.

Hope it all works out for you, your good lady & especially your cat :cheers:

Thanks mate i think ill give the cat flap thing a go,can you get adult cats to do new things and how would you teach them to use it,as you may have gathered our cat

is'nt the brightest thing on this earth the other one does'nt go out much so he won't be a problem ill let you know how i get on thanks for your help.

I got mine as kittens from the Cats Rescue Society, so kept them in for about 3 months. The Vets advice was "You have to be cruel to be kind ". Leave them without food for 24 hours , & push them gently out the cat flap.

I prepared food & rattled the container, then shut the door. It wasn't long before they figured out how to get in. From then on - plain sailing.

If you feed yours indoors, you shouldn't have a problem.

Maybe Em, who is a devoted cat Lady, will be along with some ideas, too :thumbsup:

I got mine as kittens from the Cats Rescue Society, so kept them in for about 3 months. The Vets advice was "You have to be cruel to be kind ". Leave them without food for 24 hours , & push them gently out the cat flap.

I prepared food & rattled the container, then shut the door. It wasn't long before they figured out how to get in. From then on - plain sailing.

If you feed yours indoors, you shouldn't have a problem.

Maybe Em, who is a devoted cat Lady, will be along with some ideas, too :thumbsup:

OK thanks any ideas or help is appreciated.Does EM have a name so i can ask her advice

Sorry :( Em is her real name.

She is actually DemonicAngel, Super Moderator here on the Club.

You will be able to send her a PM. I have her e-mail address, but can't post it on line, or just hand it out without her permission.

Cats hate the smell of white vinigar or cayanne pepper, and should stay well clear but where to place it thats for you to decide.

I also have a cat problem

Is it possible to get a PIR/dog barking gizmo or is the only option is add another camera to the CCTV server which will then play a dog barking sound

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links