Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Common Rail Sensor Plug In '09 2.0d4d Avensis

downtime

Hi,

has anyone installed these tuning boxes to the new Avensis model? I'm getting one next week but I'm unsure where to connect it.

I removed the engine cover and tried to find the correct plug for the CR pressure sensor. There's one black plug on the left end of the common rail injector block. That plug has 6 wires.

I thought the pressure sensor has 3 wires? I emailed about this to the dealer I bought the tuning box from, and they confirmed that the wiring loom they're providing is 3 wires even though I ordered a tuning box for '09 2.0 D4D Avensis from their website.....

So my question is, was that the correct plug I found? Or is there another one hidden somewhere which has only 3 wires?

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

This wont answer your question however... the 2.2 D-CAT engines have 6 pin plugs so there is a possibility the newest 2.0 d4d could also have 6. There is a thread running in the Avensis section now that mentions this.

The new Avensis has the new Piezo injector system, the tuning boxes are not the same as earlier models. You need the correct kit for you car. We can provide a kit from our WEBSITE

Kingo :thumbsup:

I ran a tuning box on my '56 plate 150bhp VX Vectra for 70,000 miles boosted the power to 193bhp & a fair hike in torque too, however I took it out for it's 80,000 service & never refitted it the amount of smoke the car produced was getting embarassing, I wouldn't bother with one in the Avensis (i've got the 2.2 150D) but would consider a proper ecu remap instead

I ran a tuning box on my '56 plate 150bhp VX Vectra for 70,000 miles boosted the power to 193bhp & a fair hike in torque too, however I took it out for it's 80,000 service & never refitted it the amount of smoke the car produced was getting embarassing, I wouldn't bother with one in the Avensis (i've got the 2.2 150D) but would consider a proper ecu remap instead

Sorry but the remap is not an option. Denso ECU is not accessible which is a known fact.

You need the correct kit for you car. We can provide a kit from our WEBSITE

Thanks. I ordered a box specifically for '09 model Avensis 2.0. The default values for the engine were correct on their website. 126PS and 310Nm torque.

But if this box won't cut it, I'll definetly will be in contact about your boxes. Do you ship to Finland?

Edit :

We are my manners. Thanks for the replies so far.

Thanks. I ordered a box specifically for '09 model Avensis 2.0. The default values for the engine were correct on their website. 126PS and 310Nm torque.

But if this box won't cut it, I'll definetly will be in contact about your boxes. Do you ship to Finland?

Edit :

We are my manners. Thanks for the replies so far.

The injection system is different on the new model, so you need a specific kit for it

YES we do ship Internationally

Ok. Got the chip today.

The chip definetly improved the mpg but power and torque increase is still something I'm not sure about.

It seems to be more responsive when pressing the pedal and accelerating from stand still is definetly more powerful but it doesn't feel like 160PS and 380 Nm torque :) Maybe it's the size and weight of the car.

I drove my friends Octavia 2.0 TDI which been chipped to output 170PS and 350Nm torque. That car feeled much more punchier. Of course it's the older PD engine which has a more powerful turbo punch when it kicks in. These CR engines seem to be more refined in that area.

Well, I have to test this some more to make my decision if I like it or not.

Usually those power/torque improvements are just calculated, not dynoed. 95% of the boxes on market gives only 50% increace on what the say it will give more.

You should dyno your car with and without your box to see the truth.

Usually those power/torque improvements are just calculated, not dynoed. 95% of the boxes on market gives only 50% increace on what the say it will give more.

That's quite true.

There seems to be somewhat improvement in all open acceleration and atleast some torque improvements but still I expected more.

There's some tuning possibilities on the box itself but I don't have the slightest idea how they affect the injection so I haven't even tried to play with them.

That's quite true.

There seems to be somewhat improvement in all open acceleration and atleast some torque improvements but still I expected more.

There's some tuning possibilities on the box itself but I don't have the slightest idea how they affect the injection so I haven't even tried to play with them.

Only thing your box does, it raises the rail pressure.

Only thing your box does, it raises the rail pressure.

Yes I know that, but what I meant was that the tuning pots affect the amount it raises the rail pressure.

The manufacturer of this box tells that one of the pots raises the pressure and the other changes the rpm setting from which the tuning box will start the adjustment.

There's some room to play with these, but I haven't tried them yet. They probably would need to be tuned with a dyno to see if there's any effect.

I did some testing yesterday and there's definetly noticeable power improvements now.

The front wheels start to slip much more easily and the car starts to pull more at lower rpm than before.

Ok, now that I've tested the box pretty good, I can give you some information about this.

First of all, I DO NOT recommend this box for the new Avensis model. It doesn't work.

Either the car goes into limp-home mode after a while or it won't start properly.

When the box works, there's definetly a power improvement and with a little pot tweaking you can make the car accelerate REALLY fast and have a really smooth power delivery throughout the rev range. Only bad point is that there's then definetly a limp-home mode waiting for you after a longer drive. And with a longer drive I mean 20 minutes :)

So no go for me. I'll have to contact Parts-King at some point for the real tuning box. It seems that the only box that works properly with this new model is the one that controls each injector individually. Like so many of you have been saying.

Our box DOES work, we have been there with that limp mode on a previous version of the box, and now our new ones have been thouroughly tested without problems. If you dont like my kit, I will give you a 14 day money back promise!

It seems that the only box that works properly with this new model is the one that controls each injector individually. Like so many of you have been saying.

Is Steinbauer still the only box on the market that controls the injectors?

I had one on my previous T22 D-4D, and it was alot better than those that just raises the rail pressure.

Only minus side is the price, that is 1065€ for the Steinbauer box here in Finland. The reason for the high price is piezo injectors.

I'm gettin a V-tech Redbox professional fitted to my car nex week. Then well see if that's any good. The reason why i choce that box is, you can program it your self.

It seems that the only box that works properly with this new model is the one that controls each injector individually. Like so many of you have been saying.

Is Steinbauer still the only box on the market that controls the injectors?

I had one on my previous T22 D-4D, and it was alot better than those that just raises the rail pressure.

Only minus side is the price, that is 1065€ for the Steinbauer box here in Finland. The reason for the high price is piezo injectors.

I'm gettin a V-tech Redbox professional fitted to my car nex week. Then well see if that's any good. The reason why i choce that box is, you can program it your self.

I understood that the box that Parts-Kings is advertising is also connected to the injectors and not in the common rail pressure sensor. The price is tempting. Around 440 € with current exchange rate.

After you've had the V-Tech Redbox fitted, can you write some impressions here? Redbox is also connected to the common rail pressure sensor, so it seems to be a same kind of box that I have now. I would be very interested to know how it worked for you.

I understood that the box that Parts-Kings is advertising is also connected to the injectors and not in the common rail pressure sensor. The price is tempting. Around 440 € with current exchange rate.

After you've had the V-Tech Redbox fitted, can you write some impressions here? Redbox is also connected to the common rail pressure sensor, so it seems to be a same kind of box that I have now. I would be very interested to know how it worked for you.

I can't imagine that you would get a piezo injector controller for 450€.

Yes, the redbox is connected to rail pressure sensor. But you can make a lot of adjustments on it. We well see next wednesday how good it is. We well run it on dyno for a few hours and make some serious stress test to the engine on high gears.

I can't imagine that you would get a piezo injector controller for 450€.

Yes, the redbox is connected to rail pressure sensor. But you can make a lot of adjustments on it. We well see next wednesday how good it is. We well run it on dyno for a few hours and make some serious stress test to the engine on high gears.

But that's what you get for 450 euros. That seems to be the only kind of box that works with this new Avensis diesel so I don't think Parts-King is bull*****ting me when he says that their box works. I think he mentioned the design of their box somewhere here and that box is connected between each injector wire and not to the common rail pressure sensor.

There's also another vendor on the market. I think it was Powerbox. That's also connected to the injectors. Price was a little bit more. Around 600 euros.

Just to clear up any confusion, our normal D4D tuning boxes go via each injector. The T180 boxes connect to the pressure rail sensor AND boost pressure sensor only. The T180 kit works differently to all the other models and has been thoroughly tested by the manufacturer and ourselves, we have sold kits to members on here who have commented on how good the kits are

Most manufacturers of tuning kits have had problems with fitting them to T180 models, we DONT have that problem with our new generation kit. I have been selling Toyota parts on here for a few years and would soon be rumbled if we were selling rubbish. We dont do that, we sell quality products at a competitive price

kingo :thumbsup:

There's also another vendor on the market. I think it was Powerbox. That's also connected to the injectors. Price was a little bit more. Around 600 euros.

Powerbox = Steinbauer. They are the same.

Wiht out any additional adjustment, v-tech redbox professional gave out +25hp and +55nm on my d-cat. I will start doing modifications to the maps as soon as i have time. No problems even with high loads on factory settings.

Powerbox = Steinbauer. They are the same.

Wiht out any additional adjustment, v-tech redbox professional gave out +25hp and +55nm on my d-cat. I will start doing modifications to the maps as soon as i have time. No problems even with high loads on factory settings.

Oh I didn't know that. Now I know :)

Good to hear that the V-box worked.

I'm still having a little bit mixed feelings about the Racechip. It really gives a good performance boost as I've been driving the car without it little over a week now.

I managed to setup the tuning box so that it doesn't put the car into limp mode anymore. I'm still having problems with occasional startup problems. That's the reason I took the box off. The car doesn't start everytime with the box connected. It just spins the starter motor, but no go. After a few tries the car starts ok.

Is this problem associated with the new piezo injectors? Could someone explain me what's the main difference in piezo injectors and the old style injectors? How do those affect the operation of a tuning box?

Could someone explain me what's the main difference in piezo injectors and the old style injectors? How do those affect the operation of a tuning box?

The only difference is that piezo injectors operate faster. With piezo injectors you can do multiple injection during one work cycle.

..........and operate at much higher pressure, about 26,000 PSI :eek:

..........and operate at much higher pressure, about 26,000 PSI :eek:

Most commonly used pressure for normal injectors is 1600bar = 23206psi. Newest normal injectors use 1900bar = 27557psi. :rolleyes:

Yep...very high pressure, that way it vapourises the fuel into smaller droplets and you get more bang for your buck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links