Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Stalk.

Beagh1958

Hello All,

I have read through recent postings regarding fitment of cruise control facility, my car being a MK11 - 2003 - Avensis - D4D. But upon carrying out search via E---/ using supplied item number, it would appear these parts have sold out. Can anybody else supply an item number from another seller to purchase a CRUISE CONTROL KIT.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: All help much appreciated.

Andy It does for the 2005 model onwards, not for the 2003 or 2004 model though.

Click on the Car-Fi link, then select OEM Stalk Application List & it will advise that for the D-4D model it is from 2005 onwards

Marv

Thank you all for replies, but that particular E____ . __ listing is finished. It's not a problem to do the job, just need to know if anybody is aware of another listing with the same part.

Regards, Beagh.

Thank you all for replies, but that particular E____ . __ listing is finished. It's not a problem to do the job, just need to know if anybody is aware of another listing with the same part.

Regards, Beagh.

Is there now again on eB.

Or check item # 170401385876 or seller id kbank477.

Regards.

To All.

Thank you again for replies, that stalk is incorrect & will not work as stated above. The original listing came with mounting bracket etc for fitment to steering wheel.

Regards, Beagh.

To All.

Thank you again for replies, that stalk is incorrect & will not work as stated above. The original listing came with mounting bracket etc for fitment to steering wheel.

Regards, Beagh.

Yes you are right about mechanical fitment - part above need some DIY work to fit. Wiring and connection is same for all (not only) Avensis model. Two wires, one to ground and second connected to signal CCS in ECU.

If I uderstand right info from Avensis service manual cruise control not work in model with engine type 1ZZ-FE, 3ZZ-FE and 1AZ-FE.

But work with engine 1AZ-FSE and 1CD-FTV for all model.

From 2003.7 model also with engine type 1CD-FTV with D-CAT.

It's not possible to mount cruise control without external control box in model 2004.2 and new with 1ZZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE engines. This engines are controlled by wire but don't have implemented software part for cruise in ECU.

Regards,

To All.

Regards, Beagh.

Yes you are right about mechanical fitment - part above need some DIY work to fit. Wiring and connection is same for all (not only) Avensis model. Two wires, one to ground and second connected to signal CCS in ECU.

If I uderstand right info from Avensis service manual cruise control not work in model with engine type 1ZZ-FE, 3ZZ-FE and 1AZ-FE.

But work with engine 1AZ-FSE and 1CD-FTV for all model.

From 2003.7 model also with engine type 1CD-FTV with D-CAT.

It's not possible to mount cruise control without external control box in model 2004.2 and new with 1ZZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE engines. This engines are controlled by wire but don't have implemented software part for cruise in ECU.

Regards,

I've just got a 2004 2.0 D4D T2. What is the easiest way of establishing the engine code and the production date whch seems to be crucial in establishing the parts needed.

Thanks

Justin

To nahoda.

From your chart it would appear that the engine ECM unit must have C/C software built into unit ??? Around 2006 i had a new engine ECM unit (behind glovebox, just covered by warranty, very lucky) fitted due to an over fuelling problem. Was told it was an up-dated ECM, could this mean that i may just require stalk, or do i require another control unit of some description.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: All advice kindly accepted.

Beagh

if for particular model has been offered CC as an option then you just need stalk only. ECM unit was still same with support for CC. Otherwise you need OEM system for CC with control box.

Simply it's depend of engine type. Par example by technical reference all cars with 2.0 D-4D engines are CC ready. Stalks are same for all Toyota models from electrical point of view (Avensis, Corolla, RAV4 etc.) Only fitting and shape is different.

Hope it is clear, sorry for my bad english.

Regards

Easy from your car documents or from car label.

Where would I be able to find the data sticker on my 2004 Avensis Estate? I don't have the documents yet, they are still with the DVLA.

Where would I be able to find the data sticker on my 2004 Avensis Estate? I don't have the documents yet, they are still with the DVLA.

I my car ( left-hand drive ) when I open left door sticker is on door jamb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links