Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tear In Leather Seat

Michelin

I have a 2006 T180 and the drivers side seat has a little tear in it.Its on the side just above the switches to move the seat and apparently I'm told it is quite common in them.I've tried glueing it but its no good really and I can imagine getting a new one fitted would cost a fortune.Has anyone else had this problem and managed to sort it or does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to repair it.Its not gone right through like a hole its just the outer material has split away from each other but the inner is still intact its just that its such a nice car I'd like to try and make it right :crybaby:

I have a 2006 T180 and the drivers side seat has a little tear in it.Its on the side just above the switches to move the seat and apparently I'm told it is quite common in them.I've tried glueing it but its no good really and I can imagine getting a new one fitted would cost a fortune.Has anyone else had this problem and managed to sort it or does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to repair it.Its not gone right through like a hole its just the outer material has split away from each other but the inner is still intact its just that its such a nice car I'd like to try and make it right :crybaby:

Yeah common. I tried to get a new seat base out of Mr T but got told the interior warranty only lasts 4 years. I just got some super glue and stuck the vinyl down onto the foam. been like that for a year now and aint budged. Use the super glue with the little stem/spout, push it inside the tear and then just push the vinyl down. Worked for me and it seems to have worked a treat

Another small triumph for Harry Wesley Coover Jr :thumbsup:

I still get magazines from the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club and they normally have ads on about fixing leather seats.

Is the cover leather of vinyl ?

Try searching for leather repairs for upholstery, or clasic car sites ??

Just had mine replaced under warranty when I took it in for it's Third annual service and first MOT. Service desk showed me the part on the computer, replaced the whole seat part (the bit you sit on, not the back part), noticed the price was, wait for it,..........£891!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is like it too. Has been repaired with what looks like a paint that matches to colour and seals the tear. Not the prettiest job but better than leaving it ripped.

Write to Toyota explaining that it is not of merchantable quality and that it the life of the seat is not reasonable. They will do these repairs well out of warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links