Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

G6r Alloy Wheel Refurbishment & G6r Badge

vtek

Hi all

I have just bought myself a corolla G6R. It is sat on 17" alloys which look nice, but they are catching on the arches slightly, the car is not lowered!!

I also got the original alloys with the car, which I am thinking of putting back on and making it look original, and also to soften the ride a little. These are quite badly peeled so was thinking of getting them refurbed. anyone know any decent places in Nottingham that will do them at reasonable price? most places charge £35-45 per wheel, which will be over £150 and am sure for that price I can get a set of second hand ones!! Also I know they have some chrome on them and most refurbishers don't refurb chrome. Would it be sensible to just redo them as normal alloy.

Any advice would be great.

Oh, and I need some G6R badges, the previous owner took them off for some reason.

Thanks

G6R Badge: - - -

...go into Toyota dealer parts department and ask :

last time I looked

G6R FRONT Badge - Part NO: GBNGA - 2B199

G6R REAR Badge - Part NO: GBNGA - 2B198

They're £10 approx. each.

As for the original 15 inch wheels it may be better to buy a 15" wheel and tyre package that you like - it will probably work out cheaper :yes:

I take it I am the only one left with G6R on here :(

Hey, I was in the same boat as u bought a g6r a few weeks back and the orignal wheels were a mess so got them redone. No one seems to redo the crome on them so got them in gun metal gray came up a threat. Cost me €200. Priced a new set of orginals and got quoted €700 :blink:

I take it I am the only one left with G6R on here :(

Hey, I was in the same boat as u bought a g6r a few weeks back and the orignal wheels were a mess so got them redone. No one seems to redo the crome on them so got them in gun metal gray came up a threat. Cost me €200. Priced a new set of orginals and got quoted €700 :blink:

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Managed to get prices from toyota about £10 each. Will order them once I have had it serviced and make sure it runs without problems.

Freezer, do you have any pics of alloys after you refurbed them? What do you think black will look like?? hmmmm...

Yea have pics of them b4 and after

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

Yea black would be nice matter of tatse i suppose no one else can tell ya wot u like!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Freezer,

Sorry for the late reply, but for some reason I never got email reminder!!!

Wheels look nice actually!!!

Gun metal grey looks better than black actually!!

Do you have any pics with them on the car? Would be good to see how they look with rubber.

I just bought a set of Kei Racing off this forum now. But am tempted to get originals refurbed, and but some wider tyres and lower it. Sort of a euro style look :)

i dont think you can lower them on 17's - i'm sure 16's with 195's are the biggest you'll get away with.

as for springs - drop ae111sr a pm, when i got some wheels from him he mentioned he had lots of suspension componenets he had tried over the years in his garage. if you do decide to lower the car and want the original wheels doing give us a shout. i'm in Notts fairly regular so i could collect and drop them back.

i dont think you can lower them on 17's - i'm sure 16's with 195's are the biggest you'll get away with.

as for springs - drop ae111sr a pm, when i got some wheels from him he mentioned he had lots of suspension componenets he had tried over the years in his garage. if you do decide to lower the car and want the original wheels doing give us a shout. i'm in Notts fairly regular so i could collect and drop them back.

How much can you refurb the originals for? I am tempted to give it a go myself... :unsure:

How much can you refurb the originals for? I am tempted to give it a go myself... :unsure:

i have a blast cabinet - you get a better finish going back to bare metal. i've hand prepared wheels before, takes a lot of effort but i would never discourage someone from having a go. you can get a good finish with spray cans - the only problem is cellulose paint aint the toughest, thats why you use 2 pack or powdercoat.

do the wheels have tyres on? prefer bare wheels but its not a problem.

Mike,

How much effort is it to repair curb chips?

The Mrs had to swerve on a country lane last week and smacked the left side wheels. The back isn't so bad but the front is quite severe, so much so there's a a small buckle on the alloy.

There's a few local places that refurb, I'm just unsure on the prices.

do the wheels have tyres on? prefer bare wheels but its not a problem.

Yep, they got tyres on, was thinking to just do it with tyres on by masking it...I just spent about £300 plus on a new set of alloys so I can't really justify spending any more (the mrs couldn't believe I spent that much on wheels "they just wheels!!" :( ). So was thinking seen as though they messed up anyway, might give it a go some time in the not too distant future as a "mini project".

However it will be interesting to know how much you can do them for as well, coz if it's pretty resonable, I may just pay to get them done.

Let me know

Hey Freezer,

Sorry for the late reply, but for some reason I never got email reminder!!!

Wheels look nice actually!!!

Gun metal grey looks better than black actually!!

Do you have any pics with them on the car? Would be good to see how they look with rubber.

I just bought a set of Kei Racing off this forum now. But am tempted to get originals refurbed, and but some wider tyres and lower it. Sort of a euro style look :)

Yea they are on the car now i'll get a pic up tomorrow for ya

hey freezer where you get them done, they are fab!!

Hey molly, thanks got a lad local to do them for me friend of a friend. Very good price 2, could get a contact number for him if u want it

Anyone on here had corolla lowered by 30mm on 17" wheels (205/4017 tyres)

Do you think wheels will touch arches if I did??

Sry about being so slow at getting the pics up was a bit poorly after new years but better late than never,

8.jpg

need to paint callipers i think

9.jpg

Aaah, they look nice, deffo look better without centre caps, a lot of diff from originals! I think some lower profile tyre will be better on them??

is ur car lowered?

Aaah, they look nice, deffo look better without centre caps, a lot of diff from originals! I think some lower profile tyre will be better on them??

is ur car lowered?

No mine isn't lowered and im just waiting to get the centre caps back still getting painted they will finish them off nicely i think. Lower profile tyres would look nice if it was lowered but roads here a bit 2 bumpy for them!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links