Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Look Out For?

lox

Hey all

Just joined up as im a day away from buying a used Aygo. Was a last minute choice because

Of the wife as I wanted a honda jazz. Any way apart from the usual things to look for when

Buying a used car, im looking for aygo specifics. The car in question is a 2008 5 door with

roughly 36k on the clock. Pretty clean apart from a small dent on passenger door and a

Key scratch. I found that when turning the ignition it felt quite stiff/sticky. Any way could

You guys shed some light/knowledge on the car

please and thanks in advance

Hi. my dad sadly passed away and left me with a 57 plate Jazz. It was nice enough but to be honest, in my opinion it was very thirsty on fuel. I swapped it at the main dealer for my Aygo. When I got mine the ignition seemed a little 'stiff' as you say, a small squirt of WD40 soon cured it.

watch out for dampness as lots of Aygo owners reported problems with water ingress and returned their car several times in an attempt to get it solved. Some owners needed the clutch replaced sooner than might have been expected so you could be advised to check that too.

I haven't had any such trouble as the above. I bought my Aygo new in 2006 and it has been great

Thanks for all your replies so far. Well im going to pick it up tomorrow, but before i part with any money im going to run through my checks again. Ill be sure to wd40 the ignition.....just a few sprays in/around it? and ill check for damp aswell. Im a honda guy through and through but a jap enthusiast in general. So i know all my honda faults. The aygo choice was literally made 2 days ago so i haven't done any research until now. Just need a rev dial and some temp gauges as i feel a bit blind not knowing what my cars doing.

Also where is best to get a facia so i can put my own stereo in? Can you on get oem clutches or are there some stage 1s/2s around?

thanks

Yes just a small squirt of WD40 in the barrel and maybe on the key and work it a couple of times.................the stereo facia is available via eBay for a few pounds...I can post a link if you get stuck but easy enough to find!............shop around for the rev counter, if you going for a new one ask at peugeot and citroen as well as toyota as they are exactly the same. even eBay sellers seem to want £75 + ..........I just popped in my local breakers and got lucky £18...

I'm not too techy re the clutch but a heavier duty Yaris one fits and is more ressillient . A lot of folk complain that the gears are difficult to change into 1st if the car is moving slightly and also that it crunches into reverse..........once again IF the car is moving! ...If you drive correctly and bring the vehicle to a complete stop it will go into 1st or reverse as perfectly as smoothly as it should do ;-)......I'm sure you will love your new little Aygo ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been almost a month since the purchase of my aygo and I have to say that its an awesome little car. The overall cost of the car petrol, parts etc are ridiculously cheap. Im enjoying the drive a bit soft on handling and steering so I put on some bmw e30 bbs rims that helped the overall stance and balance. Their a litte tatty but look much better than standard and i need to get some lowering springs to stiffen it up . I change the stereo straight away which made the standard Speakers sound alot better, but will upgrade them shortly tfor some better one's. Any way thanks for all the above advice

post-131381-0-49008000-1369813112_thumb.

Very nice.

I hope you have many a happy mile in her.

Sooty

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links