Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension Question:

TheGreatNero

Okay so one thing i have noticed about my aygo is the front suspension can bog down if i take a corner too fast, now i know this is partly due to my driving but i would really like for the car to corner flatter for that sporty feel.

So here are my questions:

1. What methods are there for stiffening the suspension on the front?
  2. Will i need to adjust the rear?
  3. are there any cheap/diy methods like welding the spring (yes i know that sounds dangerous but im really kinda broke)
  4. are anti roll bars an option?

In summary: my car rolls around in the corners like a hippo in mud, and i want it to corner flat(flatter anyway) so i can go faster around corners. any advice is appreciated

-Nero.

Don't think you would want to weld your springs as this can cause a stress point. Although it is an American site, the following provides some advice on what you can/cannot do with suspension springs: http://www.performanceonline.com/blog/2009/09/top-14-spring-questions-answered/

Okay so one thing i have noticed about my aygo is the front suspension can bog down if i take a corner too fast, now i know this is partly due to my driving but i would really like for the car to corner flatter for that sporty feel.

So here are my questions:

1. What methods are there for stiffening the suspension on the front?
  2. Will i need to adjust the rear?
  3. are there any cheap/diy methods like welding the spring (yes i know that sounds dangerous but im really kinda broke)
  4. are anti roll bars an option?

In summary: my car rolls around in the corners like a hippo in mud, and i want it to corner flat(flatter anyway) so i can go faster around corners. any advice is appreciated

-Nero.

1. Toyota offer lowering springs specifically for the Aygo ( see attached )

2. Yes if you stiffen the front the rear should match otherwise the back end will end up very bouncy/scittish

3. Cheap mods don't bother as mentioned welding springs creates weak spot meaning the spring is more prone to cracking/snapping

4. The car already has anti roll bars

LoweringspringsTTEAIM0002220PZ4399072000PZ4399072100.pdf

save up and do the job properly ,until then take it slower in the corners

these springs are a decent price for four from demon tweaks

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/lowering-springs/car/toyota/aygo/2010/1-0

you could also replace your anti roll bar bushes with poly bushes they will stiffen the ride up aswell

ah okay guys, i didnt actually realize the spring sets were that cheap, although it mean im going to get shafted by my insurance company...

does anyone know if toyota would fit them for me and what the cost would be? im thinking they will be pretty pricey so ill look at local garages that would do it. i would save the money and do it myself but i dont have the tools or the space.

all you need to change the springs is a spring compressor .

its not hard to do

remove strut

compress road spring

dismantle top mount and remove spring (allen key and spanners needed)

slowly undo compressor off old spring then fit compressor to new spring and compress

refit spring and top mount

refit strut and road wheel and repeat for the other side

jobs done

afterwards have your tracking checked as it probably has moved

here is a video for you to look at it shows you how to remove strut and coil spring

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links