Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E 3s-fe Water Pump Change

flibble42

Has anyone got any experience of changing a water pump on a 3s-fe? The water pump kits I've seen so far (ebay) seem to come with the pulley/impeller side and the large gasket that goes between the two halves (hope that makes sense :huh: ) - but not the small gasket that goes between the block and the pump assembly and a couple of others shown in the epc.

Just wondering if these other gaskets are needed (my guess would be defo :) ) and any ideas where is cheapest place to get them from or a pump with a complete gasket set? Any ideas much appreciated!

My understanding is that the water pump for the 2.0l 3G-FE is bolted directly onto the engine block (one gasket) and is driven by the cam belt.

The water pumps for the 1.8 7A-FE and the 1.6 4A-FE come in two halves (impellor side only supplied). The gasket supplied goes between the two halves. There is also an 'O' ring which acts as a seal between the pump assembly and engine block. This type is driven by a drive belt which also runs the power steering.

The one you require will be this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVENSIS-CAMRY-CARINA...1QQcmdZViewItem

It would be wise to replace the timing belt at the same time.

I've only change the pumps on the 1.6l. But the engine for the 2.0l is similar to the MR2. It's fully covered in the Haynes Manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links