Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis A/c + Climate

igormus

To whom it may concern

Hi there

You all know that sometimes we claim to the subject problem resulting this condensate starts to be accumulated and drained into the cabin.

So the reason is banal. The A/C + climate must not be switched off together with engine at the same time. You have to keep an A/C working (blowing a warm air -- let say + 24 C degrees) without comprerssor (just a fan) for even 1-2 minutes -- this enables condensate on the evaporator to be dried out. Otherwise this condensate criates a good basis to originate fungus -- resulting clogging (blocking) of draining hole + tube. AFter blowing for 1- 2 minutes -- you can have an A/C switched off and after the same with engine. The above helps to keep all drain holes clear and safe money to fault investigation + cleaning + dashboard dismantling.

CHeers/Igor

To whom it may concern

Hi there

You all know that sometimes we claim to the subject problem resulting this condensate starts to be accumulated and drained into the cabin.

So the reason is banal. The A/C + climate must not be switched off together with engine at the same time. You have to keep an A/C working (blowing a warm air -- let say + 24 C degrees) without comprerssor (just a fan) for even 1-2 minutes -- this enables condensate on the evaporator to be dried out. Otherwise this condensate criates a good basis to originate fungus -- resulting clogging (blocking) of draining hole + tube. AFter blowing for 1- 2 minutes -- you can have an A/C switched off and after the same with engine. The above helps to keep all drain holes clear and safe money to fault investigation + cleaning + dashboard dismantling.

CHeers/Igor

Thanks a lot Igor that's well worth knowing! I'm sure other members will appreciate your efforts, also glad to see you are still supporting us even though you now have the RAV.

Regards Pete.

To whom it may concern

Hi there

CHeers/Igor

Thanks a lot Igor that's well worth knowing! I'm sure other members will appreciate your efforts, also glad to see you are still supporting us even though you now have the RAV.

Regards Pete.

I'm reading this and trying to understand what to do. :huh: Are you saying keep the A/C switched on but turn the temperature up? Or do I switch off the A/C but leave the fan on with the temperature up? :unsure:

Cheers Terry

To whom it may concern

Hi there

CHeers/Igor

Regards Pete.

I'm reading this and trying to understand what to do. :huh: Are you saying keep the A/C switched on but turn the temperature up? Or do I switch off the A/C but leave the fan on with the temperature up? :unsure:

Cheers Terry

Terry

The second one.

The idea is not to transfer refrigerant via evaporator. The condensate accomulated on the evaporatoor ribs must be dried out.

Cheers/Igor

To whom it may concern

Hi there

CHeers/Igor

HI Igor,

That is a good news for me as well.I will do some test and see whether my drain pipe still getiing blocked.

Can you clarify that the Aircon must be turned on and warm temparature must be set and then after 2 minutes could be turned off?What you mean just fan but no compressor?

Rgds

Wojciech

Many thanks for your support.

To whom it may concern

Hi there

CHeers/Igor

HI Igor,

That is a good news for me as well.I will do some test and see whether my drain pipe still getiing blocked.

Can you clarify that the Aircon must be turned on and warm temparature must be set and then after 2 minutes could be turned off?What you mean just fan but no compressor?

Rgds

Wojciech

Many thanks for your support.

Hi Wojciech

Yes the idea is not to let the refrigerant gas be transfered by a compressor --- you shouldl switch the compressor OFF but the fan must to work and blow an air. TO speed up with drying up - you can adjust the temp more than was prior to compressor OFF - just to speed up with drying effect.

You will feel that an air temp blowing will start be increasing in even 1 min or two -- it is because the evaporator starts to accumulate warm temp.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links