Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae86 And Classic Toyota Chat

EircamAE86

i was thinking of getting some jamex springs eventually, as they only drop it 35mm. i don't want it decked.

what would you do with the wheels? ive got the chance to get a nice set of shadow chrome 17s with new Toyo tyres on them from my dad (so i get them heavily discounted!) but i don't think they'll fit. if not i don't know what to do - go for a proper refurb on the originals or get some 16s that i like, and keep the originals for when i sell it. i certainly don't want to be hacking about with rot free arches!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EircamAE86

• JT

• Treuno

• simply_sideways

Thats all i would lower it by!

Personally mate i wouldnt go any bigger than 15" i no its not very street credible but the handling goes out the window the bigger the wheels go!

Thats why people with AE86's go to 13" rims! which they are originally fitted with 14's!

I personnally think that big rims only suit certain cars, the rally approach ofter looks alot nicer, try some speedlines (rallystyle) ill bet the look a treat.

im still here! :D

i hear what you're sayin about the wheels - i like speedlines and compomotives, but they're too dear. i am but a poor student after all!

Its a student life alright not!!!!

finishing in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!,,,,, never,ever again

Finishin' what will we do for respect worthy cars at Donny next year without your eight six mate??

Hopefully next year they'll have a drift display at the show, if not I'll have to make 1 LOL

• 11 months later...

Anyone got any Ideas where I can get performance mods for this beast???

I know its not one of them posh sport jobs you lot are bombing about in but its still damn good fun for a car thats under a litre in engine size...

toyfront.jpg

toyback.jpg

its on a 75 plate... 993 YES 993cc of raw power. . . .

could do with sponge springs being changed etc as suffers from a bit of bouncey rock n rollin...

still... least the 8-track works :lol:

if anyone knows email me direct at

mustard_computing@btinternet.com

cheers lads :thumbsup:

I bought a 1986 AE86 from england 3 weeks ago. it needs a little work - new sunroof, boot and drivers door, rear pockets need seeing to and there is damage to the rear quarter but apart from that its very clean.itl need a respray too in the original colour. 80,000 miles, red over black with one of the best interiors ive seen in a while. im headin to oz for a month and a half and when i get back itl be ready to go, nct'd and all, i cant wait. €900 plus the door, roof, boot. im 20, this is my second car and its replacing a 95 Mirage coupe as my everyday. in time id like to lower it a little and fit decent shocks but apart from that keep it original. im also gonna see if i can pick up a few trd bits and pieces in oz, nothin major mainly interior cosmetic stuff and a badge/sticker or two, just to be a little different.

Bought mine last year, she going to have a respray and body work fixed (filled) and then the following:

1. Roll Cage

2. Sump Guard/Tank Guard

3. Billies and Konis and Polybushes

4. Lines in side the car

5. Bucket Seats/Harnesses

6. Spotlights

7. Tripmeter

8. Plumbed in electric fire extinguisher

9. Yoko 021R on the front

10. Black and round on the back

Then I'm putting an entry into the Cilwendeg Rally and I'm going to skid the large !Removed! off her and rev untill she pops! Drive her like she's supposed to be!!! Toolbox will consist of Gaffer Tape, Cable Ties, and !Removed!!!!

Pleasure

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links