Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Pollen Filter Change.

Uncle Bob

Yeah.... I know on a fiat Doblo , 60.000 miles in one year was too much for the filter. Should have been changed sooner for sure !

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Inminorchords said:

I just removed the filter and it was absolutely full of dust, leaves and crap. But I dont know when, if ever its been replaced since 2010 haha. 

My first Yaris was like that - It was a dealer bought Approved Used one too! :eek: 

The whole filter was rammed full of dead wasps -  nearly shat myself when I took it out before I realized they were all very very dead!! :eek: :laugh: 

I still don't know how they got in there or how they got packed in so much - Previous owner must have driven through a nest of them or something!! I think that was the first thing I replaced in the car (Also after digging all the sand and bits of bush out of the spare-wheel well... Let this be a cautionary tale for anyone buying an Approved Used car: Check it as you would if buying any used car, don't assume it's been checked over any better just because it's from a main dealer!!)

• Like 5

I do believe that the dealer does not change any filters when doing a service, they know that most people don't know any better and would never check.

I've had too many new cars dealer serviced that's why I'm a bit suspicious 🙂

• Like 1

In case of the Doblo, I was an early adopter for aircon.
It was one fo the first Fiat's that were sold by my dealer to have the aircon in it.
The chief of the workhouse was at that time not aware that there was a filter in the system that needed to be changed. It didn't happen to them yet.
They DID have the filter in their warehouse though.

The normal air filter is always something that remains open for discussion too.
F.e. The Colt (Mitusbishi) we had : i think the replacement was scheduled on 40.000.
I bought one, changed it... found the old one so clean that I saved it in it's box for perhaps later usage. The Mitsubishi dealer told me they almost never changed the air filter on this particular engine as it never got dirty. He said it was different on Colt's with other engines where the filters did clog up.

So, even if there is a general number from the brand, it's still not always necessary to change the cabin filter or air filter when scheduled.
I DO think the cabin filter is ok to be changed (IMHO) every 2 years.  My wife has hay fever... Wouldn't hurt her to change the filter regularly. However.. She is sniffing around 6 months a year anyway.

• Like 2

It seems to either depend on the car or they've changed it - In every previous Yaris I've owned I've had to do it myself but, to my surprise, in my Mk4 they actually did change the pollen/cabin filter in the last service! (I checked!)

For mine the schedule is (IIRC) 24 months for the pollen filter, but 48 for the air filter (Which is a bit weird as it was previously 24 months in my previous cars, although they had cotton/fibre air filters while the Mk4 has a more german-style rubber gasket pleated air filter so maybe those last longer?)

• Like 3

To be fair, the filters are only a tenner on Amazon (or thereabouts) so it would harm to replace every few years, it's dead easy to do. 

• Like 3

Cabin filter best practice to replace with each oil service., 10k miles or 12 months. Even if the filter looks fairly clean, it traps exhaust particles, brake dust, rubber dust and all that nasty goodies that no one wants to inhale. Especially if you live in a big city or drive a lot on busy motorways more frequent changes better for your health. 👌

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links