Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2010 - Mud Flaps, Any Good?

ashpole

I recently collected my Auris Hybrid and it's great. Having washed and waxed it, I took it out in last Wednesday's drizzle. Most of the car was still fairly clean when I got back after 130 miles but the rear hatch was really dirty with muck and spray. I've not had mud-flaps on any car since the 1970s but think they might help with this problem, especially rear ones.

Does anybody have experience of Auris mud-flaps and do they reduce the about of dirt/spray on the rear hatch?

Thanks!

I've had mud flaps fitted to all my new cars (apart from my last Corolla Colour Collection where the bodykit prevented the fitting of mudflaps). Not sure that the mudflaps actualy make much difference to dirt being deposited on the rear screen - isn't that more to do with dirt being sucked from around the sides and over the roof of the car, rather than from underneath. Have mudflaps fitted to my Auris and although the screen gets dirty, it doesn't appear to be too onerous and doesn't seem as bad as the Corolla

The worst car for this was a 53 reg Mazda 323 - the mudflaps nor the roof spoiler did nothing to prevent the screen getting really dirty.

I recently collected my Auris Hybrid and it's great. Having washed and waxed it, I took it out in last Wednesday's drizzle. Most of the car was still fairly clean when I got back after 130 miles but the rear hatch was really dirty with muck and spray. I've not had mud-flaps on any car since the 1970s but think they might help with this problem, especially rear ones.

Does anybody have experience of Auris mud-flaps and do they reduce the about of dirt/spray on the rear hatch?

Thanks!

Hi there, yep, I had them fitted from new and they seem to work. You still get a fine grey misting on the rear screen, but nothing onerous and the wiper clears it very easily - the hatch seems to stay as clean as the rest of the car (btw, mine's silver & I had it Supaguarded if that makes any difference).

Cheers, D.

Just ordered a set for mine, £40 for fron and back, strangest thing was I had to give my reg number when ordering them, thought they'd be a stocked item but no they have to be ordered...

Just ordered a set for mine, £40 for fron and back, strangest thing was I had to give my reg number when ordering them, thought they'd be a stocked item but no they have to be ordered...

That's a good price, is that from Toyota? Are you doing the fitting or are they?

Hi there, yep, I had them fitted from new and they seem to work. You still get a fine grey misting on the rear screen, but nothing onerous and the wiper clears it very easily - the hatch seems to stay as clean as the rest of the car (btw, mine's silver & I had it Supaguarded if that makes any difference).

Hi,

That sounds much less than I got on the rear! Washed it all off on Saturday then parked under a big tree yesterday - doh!!

sad.gif

Yeah thats from Toyota in Canterbury, £17 or so without vat £20 with, front and back, would cost about £90 all in fitted, so im fitting them meself shouldnt be so hard :wacko:

Yeah thats from Toyota in Canterbury, £17 or so without vat £20 with, front and back, would cost about £90 all in fitted, so im fitting them meself shouldnt be so hard :wacko:

Wow! Are the holes in the bodywork ready to take them? I'd be grateful if you'd report back after you've fitted to let me know how it went and if there were any problems.

Cheers.

Wow! Are the holes in the bodywork ready to take them? I'd be grateful if you'd report back after you've fitted to let me know how it went and if there were any problems.

Cheers.

dont know if if they come with fitting instructions,but you can get them on the toyota tec site for free.

hi, my wife purchased me a set for my 2010 sr, the 2nd day i had it it rained and when i got in from work the car looked like id been rallying, it went into toyota as there was a small ding in the rear door so she picked a set up for me, at a cost of £34.00 for all 4, and they make a big difference.

very easy to fit, comes with all fittings, theres 2 plugs for the front which just push into the sills and the same for the rears and the screws just go into them and the upper 2 are already on the car holding the arch liners on

hi, my wife purchased me a set for my 2010 sr, the 2nd day i had it it rained and when i got in from work the car looked like id been rallying, it went into toyota as there was a small ding in the rear door so she picked a set up for me, at a cost of £34.00 for all 4, and they make a big difference.

very easy to fit, comes with all fittings, theres 2 plugs for the front which just push into the sills and the same for the rears and the screws just go into them and the upper 2 are already on the car holding the arch liners on

Thank you for that write-up, much appreciated. I might as well give them a go, if I don't like them it sounds like they'll come off just as quickly as they went on!

Cheers.

they will come off easy but you will be left with 2 holes in the rear bumper im sure u will like them

I too have these fitted on my car, was an additional extra I added when buying.

I can't comment on the spray without, but the spray isn't all that bad compared to my previous hatchback car. (Seat Ibiza)

Easy peasy to fit, look nice as well

The mudflaps on my HSD...

post-90496-015318300 1287760052_thumb.jp

post-90496-063864000 1287760074_thumb.jp

Nice, very nice!

Nice, very nice!

Thanks, I thought so... But then, I am biased! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links