Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Aircon

headhurts

In normal use the display shows air to the screen and feet, a couple of times recently the air has changed and blown through the face vents for a short while then after a period of time changed back to the default setting.

I assumed there must be some sensors in the car that works out the best air flow for the current settings taking into account sunny days etc.

Does any one know if this is the case or not?

It seems to work perfectly otherwise and although I cannot remember the weather at the times this has happened due to me meaning to post this but not getting round to it, but I can remember the weather conditions were similar and if my memory serves me right the days were cold and clear with bright sunshine and the sun coming through the window made the cabin quite warm.

My Tr does the same. There must be a smart sensor system somewhere in the car cabin that adjusts the vents to suit the enviroment. My previous Vectra had a light sensor on the dash, which compenated for the effect of sunlight on the glass on either side of the car and fed the information in to the the climate control system. Not syre if the Avensis is the same.

Climate control has sensors in the car to measure the temp at various heights, ensuring the temp is even all over the car.

It will adjust automatically to keep the car at the temp you have set it to, and that includes the direction of the air movement.

I think that on sunny days the cooler air is blown higher up the car as the sun comes through all windows and heats the car quickly.

Thanks for the replies, puts my mind at rest.

The Avensis must be full of sensors what with smart entry system, aircon alarm etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links