Gear Display Light On Dash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mollyolly

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: previa

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

hi, my friend has just got a Previa J reg. It is automatic and when he selects a gear he cant see the display on the dashboard at night time which tells him what he has selected. This vehicle will be used by others at times who will be unfamiliar so the display would be handy. Does anyone know whether it is one bulb that lights up this feature or is there a light elsewhere. Is it easy to get to to change etc etc etc..................any info will be much appreciated. many thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 sjray

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Toyota Model: 96 Previa GS

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

I didn't do this job myself (I rarely do) but I had the same problem and the garage had to change a couple bulbs that did need the dash to be part dismantled to get to them. It's a few hours work to get the thing apart.

#3 reboot

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts
  • First Name:roy
  • Toyota Model: jap import previa
  • Year: 2001

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

have you tried the fuses, i have the same problem but my light cluster on my auto gear lever has also gone out.

i have tried all my fuses and relays and all work, but i found out tonight that there are 4 fuse boxes, the 1 i didnt try but will tomorrow is located behind the glove box..

try this link..

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users