Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pimping Part 2

Hoovie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• anchorman

• Manxrav

• Davrav

Any impact on insurance Stew?

As Cobra do not claim any performancr increase i have not told my insurance, IMO give any insurance company an excuse to raise your premium and they will :yes:

Fitted so much to my RAVs (including a large single straight thru exhaust, that the well known GaSa people couldn't fathom out what it was I was driving so they just stuck down modifications - Yes and gave me fully comp for £170 this year. Wonder if I can get a discount having ripped out the dashboard?

Started on the Pimping in a very minor way by fitting the +90% Osram HB3/9005 Main Beam upgrade lamps.

Not actually tried them yet since fitting but should be good :thumbsup: Only took 5 mins to fit, thanks to advice from Anchorman :)

Washed the RAV4 today and spotted a few already fitted "Pre-Pimps" (or at least, I think these were not standard items but extras :D)

Boot Liner, which is very very useful and something I would have bought anyway.....

IMAG0317.jpg

The chrome strip I *think* is part of the style pack that is fitted?

The sill guards are another item that I am not sure is standard or not, but worth having ....

IMAG0319.jpg

One of the things that really sold this car for me was the Style Pack, with the Nudge Bar and Side Steps.

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

I am sure opinions would vary on what looks best and which RAV style is best, but IMO, the RAV4 2011 model with the Nudge Bar is the canines whatsits :yahoo:

Its the 2 tone wheels I like Hoovie.

They do look nice and are very subtle in their execution as well (especially compared to wheels on makes like Fords & BMWs :sick: )

I do like the front and I think the front nudge bar makes it look even better. :thumbsup:

Does look a bit like a VW Touareg from the front?? Those Germans get everywhere ;)

Volkswagen_Touareg_II.jpg

Its the 2 tone wheels I like Hoovie.

Naw....!!! Shiny silverry alloys woulda been nicer...!!!!

:lol:

I think so too Kev. If Hoovies two tone wheels are making him miserable I might just swap him.

Mentioning wheels, don't know if they will fit or anyone is looking for=

Lexus IS 220D J7 16 wheels for sale on Gumtree Derbyshire'

This is an ad I have seen and have no connection with whatsoever

Del

Started on the Pimping in a very minor way by fitting the +90% Osram HB3/9005 Main Beam upgrade lamps.

Not actually tried them yet since fitting but should be good :thumbsup: Only took 5 mins to fit, thanks to advice from Anchorman :)

Washed the RAV4 today and spotted a few already fitted "Pre-Pimps" (or at least, I think these were not standard items but extras :D)

Boot Liner, which is very very useful and something I would have bought anyway.....

IMAG0317.jpg

The chrome strip I *think* is part of the style pack that is fitted?

The sill guards are another item that I am not sure is standard or not, but worth having ....

IMAG0319.jpg

One of the things that really sold this car for me was the Style Pack, with the Nudge Bar and Side Steps.

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

I am sure opinions would vary on what looks best and which RAV style is best, but IMO, the RAV4 2011 model with the Nudge Bar is the canines whatsits :yahoo:

First I,ve seen of your car Mate, it really is superb you must be very proud, have to say when i see the latest one on the road it looks a step up in class, on yours i love the "extended fenders" as our American friends call them..(wheelarches) to us, and i think the style pack is well worth the extra :toast: I am very jealous :drool: As for the canines wotsits, i think they were on the menu at Kim Jon ills wake.. :shutit: Stew

I've sent an enquiry but no response so far. I'm sure Stew bartered for £300 delivered but that was in the days of 17.5% VAT so maybe they have come down a bit. We'll see.

I've sent the link ( http://www.vangadgets.co.uk/UK/sport-exhaust-silencers-diesel-left-and-right-stainless-cobra-toyota-rav4-mk5-toy1371.html ) for the twin pipe setup to longlife to ask them to quote for building one bespoke to match as I am also very interested. This is their response:

Hello Ben,

"We can build and fit a rear section to give you two rear exits as shown in the link in T304 stainless steel for £240.00 all inclusive.

That would come with a life time guarantee and a choice of tailpipe design.

Let me know if we can help."

Sounds good to me!!! I have only heard good thingss about this company in the past in other car forums. Just another option...

I've sent an enquiry but no response so far. I'm sure Stew bartered for £300 delivered but that was in the days of 17.5% VAT so maybe they have come down a bit. We'll see.

I've sent the link ( http://www.vangadget...k5-toy1371.html ) for the twin pipe setup to longlife to ask them to quote for building one bespoke to match as I am also very interested. This is their response:

Hello Ben,

"We can build and fit a rear section to give you two rear exits as shown in the link in T304 stainless steel for £240.00 all inclusive.

Sounds good to me!!! I have only heard good thingss about this company in the past in other car forums. Just another option...

That sounds pretty damn good to me :toast:

I've sent the link ( http://www.vangadget...k5-toy1371.html ) for the twin pipe setup to longlife to ask them to quote for building one bespoke to match as I am also very interested. This is their response:

Hello Ben,

That sounds pretty damn good to me :toast:

I think I will wait and see what the bank balance says at the end of January as my tax is up and I still need to recover from Xmas expenditure, but then all being well I will take the plunge and get it done.

Oh, and any more Pimps to suggest? :lol:

Here's another for you Hoovie:

camera16-12-10005.jpg]

Been meaning to do this for best part of three years. I did enquire way back if anyone had done this [no one seemed to have done back then] and also got a price from Kingo for the Toyota leather handle - circa £100 then :eek:

Anyway, lucky to find this handle on the bay of fleas a good while back for about a fiver. It was brand new and in original box from a company called 'Enzo Styling'. The seller had never got round to fitting it to whatever Toyota it was originally for. I don't think they make these anymore but I believe Ripspeed and Richbrook do similar but without the Toyota logo.

The Toyota conversion involves cutting the original rubber handle to remove the grip part [see PDF] but yesterday I discovered that the complete moulding will pull off the lever if you have a good grip and persist. A left/right repeated twisting action helps.

camera16-12-10002.jpg

I already had a leather hand brake gaiter from an old 7 Series Beemer in stock and was able to trim it to fit. This involved removing the rubber shroud from the back of the trim panel and a bit of trial and error 'til I was satisfied with the fit and that the lever would still reach both ends of travel up and down. Some of the tops of the plastic heat rivets came off but I have both the original handle moulding and shroud intact should I wish to restore to original appearance.

camera16-12-10001.jpg

Once I had trimmed the gaiter I simply pierced the leather where the moulded clips and rivets were on the back of the trim panel so the leather would fit in a similar way to the old rubber shroud.

The metal lever was about 5mm smaller in diameter than the bore inside the new handle so I carefully cut a piece of thin rubber mat to neatly wrap around the metal as a packer.

Handle is locked in position with three grub screws hidden under the gaiter when it is folded back over the lever.

Trickiest task was clipping the leather onto the back of the trim panel prior to re-assembly of the panels as this has to be done in situ because the handle is too large to fit through the slot in the panel so the panel has to go over the lever before the handle is positioned.

All in all about two and a half hours work and three years 'getting round to it' :rolleyes:

camera16-12-10003.jpg

camera16-12-10006.jpg

handbrake handle.pdf

I've sent the link ( http://www.vangadgets.co.uk/UK/sport-exhaust-silencers-diesel-left-and-right-stainless-cobra-toyota-rav4-mk5-toy1371.html ) for the twin pipe setup to longlife to ask them to quote for building one bespoke to match as I am also very interested. This is their response:

Hello Ben,

Sorry if i seem a bit thick, but on your link it shows a Rav with exhaust fitted, This is the diesel version :yes: underneath it shows a picture of a twin exhaust mounted to a large silencer box, this is the petrol version, the exhaust for the diesel (which i have) should look someting like this..

90650616171.gif

this is the TTE version by Toyota, although TBH i think it looks like two tin cans, my Cobra one is much nicer :yes: secondly i would deff go for S/S tailpipes (of your choice) as my chrome ones have slightly tarnished, over the couple of years they have been on..Hope this helps :unsure: Stew

Oh, and any more Pimps to suggest? :lol:

Here's another for you Hoovie:

camera16-12-10005.jpg

£100 for a handle cover! ouch!! I can see why you didn't buy at that and waited for a better deal :yes:

Looks excellent. I especially like the Gaiter part of the mod and just that on its own would look great. The shiny handle is like the icing on the cake :thumbsup:

the exhaust for the diesel (which i have) should look someting like this..

90650616171.gif

this is the TTE version by Toyota, although TBH i think it looks like two tin cans, my Cobra one is much nicer :yes: secondly i would deff go for S/S tailpipes (of your choice) as my chrome ones have slightly tarnished, over the couple of years they have been on..Hope this helps :unsure: Stew

I agree with you on the "Tin Can" comment. I think the ends need to blend into the pipework, not looked as if they were just knocked on.

And again, S/S throughout is the best option - Chrome does tend to pit and the coating lift, especially where subjected to road filth and salt. S/S will just need a bit of a fine wet and dry over it to get it back to looking good :)

Looks well nice David, I might even contemplate one for the U/C (part of the Style pack).

Regards Clare

Looks well nice David, I might even contemplate one for the U/C (part of the Style pack).

Regards Clare

Any pics of your U/C on the forum, Clare? Been keen to see her/him/it (?) . TBH, I have seen more in the Toyota showrooms then I have on the road and is a great shame for such a good looker :unsure:

On the Pimping front, so far fitted upgraded Main Beam lights (Osram NightBreaker +90% bulbs) and a pair of funky little LED sidelight bulbs which look a lot better then the standard yellowy sidelights :yes:.

Bought a £0.59p app for my Android phone to display Speed (opps, SAFETY :rolleyes:) Cameras as the Toyota Sat-Nav has no apparent ability to add custom POIs.

TPMS Kit arrived from the US today (just 2 weeks from order during holiday period so fast work there :thumbsup: ) and think I know where the display is going to go. Just need to work out about getting the sensors fitted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links